Virgin Mobile

Unlocking phone for International Use

Enthusiast

Unlocking phone for International Use

Hello, 

I bought my iPhone 8 in December 2017 and would like to unlock my phone for international use. I paid full price for this phone. I see online that the policy is after 11/2/17, phones can be unlocked for international use. I called the customer service but they were no aware of this policy. Can someone please help me? Thank you 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Unlocking phone for International Use

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us. In order to better assist you, can you please let us know if you're a current Virgin Mobile Inner Circle customer? 

Enthusiast

Hi, I am on the $35 Unlimited Talk Text and Data with 5GB and have been on this plan since 2010. 

Agent

Hi there wildcat60201. The policy applies to the Inner Circle plan only. Data Love plans, need to have 12 months with the active on the account to be able to be unlock. o sorry for any misunderstanding. VictorG

Enthusiast

Hi, can I change my plan to the Inner Circle plan? And can I get the promo for $1/month for the first 6 months? 

Agent

Hi, wildcat60201! You can get the Inner Circle plan promotion if you upgrade to a new iPhone. 

Enthusiast

I bought my phone 6 months ago and am not interested in getting a new phone. I am looking into cancelling my current service with Virgin Mobile. I see that the front page of the website shows the same promotion if I bring my own phone. How long does my service need to be cancelled until I can use the "bring your own phone" option for the promotion?

Agent

Oh, I see! Most iPhone 8 phones will work with the Inner Circle if they’re unlocked and were previously used with Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile, Boost Mobile or Sprint (service must be terminated for 60 days or more for phones used with Virgin Mobile, Boost Mobile or Sprint). Since it is not unlocked, it is not eligible for the Inner Circle promotion.