Activation stuck

SOLVED
Enthusiast

Activation stuck

Trying to swap phones, I enter the new imei and get the spinning red wheel.   Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Activation stuck

Yes, it is true. The bring your own iPhone program is only available for new accounts. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, gdarb! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'd love to help!  

Have you tried to swap phones on your account by using a different web browser or device?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Yes I did.   I was sent private messages saying that I can't swap an unlocked iphone, that you can only bring an unlocked iphone to a new account.   Is this true?  I don't see it stated anywhere....

Highlighted
Agent

Yes, it is true. The bring your own iPhone program is only available for new accounts. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Maybe I'm missing it but I don't see where in the "bring your own phone" or eligible unlocked iphone sections where it says they aren't eligible to existing accounts....

Highlighted
Agent

You can get more details by accessing the following link: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans/bring-your-device.html .

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I looked at that page.   I don't see where it says you can't swap an unlocked iphone.   It just says you need to enter the imei of the phone to see if it'll work.   If it's true you can't swap to an existing plan, why doesn't it say that in large print on this page?