Virgin Mobile

Add a new iphone

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Add a new iphone

My wife has VM iphone 5c. How do I buy a new iphone from VM and use my wife's phone for myself? I would like to switch my wife's current number to the new phone and, of course, get a new one for myself. Is this possible, and how do I dothis?

Thanks in advance.  Wally

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Add a new iphone

u can buy a new iphone from virgin website and when u get just log into your account a swap the phone out and then u can use your wife old phone on your account just do the same thing just swap the phone on your account

3 REPLIES

u can buy a new iphone from virgin website and when u get just log into your account a swap the phone out and then u can use your wife old phone on your account just do the same thing just swap the phone on your account

Whiz Kid

If both you and your wife are already Virgin Mobile customers, this should be easy. Once you've purchased and recieved the new phone from VM, go into your wife's account. Once in, you should see on the right a picture (if avaliable) of "My Device" as well as the model of the phone and the phone number. Below that there should be a box that says "I want to..." followed by a list. From that list, click on "Swap My Device." Once there, follow the directions the page brings up, entering in the information from the new phone. Once that's done and her new phone is activated, you should be able to follow the same steps in your own account with the old phone's information.

If you're not yet a Virgin Mobile customer yourself (ie you're currently on a different network), this should still be possible, only with the addition of creating a new account for yourself. (From my understanding VM does not have the option of having multiple phones on one account--it seems that each phone number has its own account.) If that's the case, I would reccomend starting here and following the process: https://activate.virginmobileusa.com/activate/overview.jsp

Hope that helps!

Enthusiast

Thanks all! We seem to be up and running with our iphones.

Wally