Virgin Mobile

Apple - Unlocked Iphone XS - Not supported by Virgin Mobile.

Whiz Kid

Apple - Unlocked Iphone XS - Not supported by Virgin Mobile.

I purchased an unlocked IPHONE XS from Apple - I bought my own SIM, that did not work.  Had Virgin overnight a new SIM ...that did not work.

Now, tech support tells me the phone will not work on Virgin Mobile until Virgin gets a new "Update".. Whatever that means...

$1300.00 and 10 days later I still can't use my new phone...

14 REPLIES 14
Wizard

Re: Apple - Unlocked Iphone XS - Not supported by Virgin Mobile.

If the phone is unlocked you can use it elsewhere until such time as Virgin Mobile is able to activate it should you want to be able to use it right now.  Alternatively, you are still within the 14 day return period for Apple products if you do not want the money tied up in a phone you cannot activate at present on Virgin Mobile.

Enthusiast

what i dont understand is, how a factory unlocked iPhone xs is not supported on virgins network when virgin is selling the same phones and also advertizes "Bring Your Own Divises". Its insane. I'm also in the same exact predicament.

Agent

We understand how you may feel. But at this point the device is not yet on the support Bring Your Own devices approve list. Please, keep on the look out for any update on our web site. 

Rising Star

If this is the case, then why does it say the imei number is acceptable to be transfered over when I type it into the compatibility checker??

Agent

Hi there! Thanks for your inquiry. Are you referring to an iPhone XS? If so, unfortunately it is not compatible. We apologize. 

Whiz Kid

Yes, I am referring to an IPHONE XS - Is there ever a plan to get the XS to be compatable with Virgin?  or are you suggesting there will never be a fix - should I return my XS to Apple or wait this out?

Highlighted
Agent

No word on this yet, david3, but stay tuned to our site for updates on this. 

AL
Enthusiast

HAS ANYBODY WITH AN IPHONE XS BOUGHT AT AN "APPLE STORE" (EVER) GET THE PHONE'S TO WORK WITH VIRGIN MOBILE?  OR, DID YOU GET IT DONE BY ORDERING ANOTHER SIM CARD?  THAT'S IF IT'S POSSIBLE, PLEASE WILL SOMEONE TELL THE REST OF THIS COMMUNITY/ INCLUDING ME - SINCE I'M THINKING ABOUT DOING THE SAME THING - (BUY AN UNLOCKED IPHONE XS-MAX FROM THE "APPLE STORE".)

AL
Enthusiast

@AL wrote:  11/16/2018

HAS ANYBODY WITH AN IPHONE XS BOUGHT AT AN "APPLE STORE" (EVER) GET THE PHONE'S TO WORK WITH VIRGIN MOBILE?  OR, DID YOU GET IT DONE BY ORDERING ANOTHER SIM CARD?  THAT'S IF IT'S POSSIBLE, PLEASE WILL SOMEONE TELL THE REST OF THIS COMMUNITY/ INCLUDING ME - SINCE I'M THINKING ABOUT DOING THE SAME THING - (BUY AN UNLOCKED IPHONE XS-MAX FROM THE "APPLE STORE".)

******************************************************************************************

I FOUND THIS ON THE VIRGIN WEBSITE PERTAINING TO IPHONE X;

Virgin Mobile Compatible iPhones

iPhone SE +
iPhone 5S +
iPhone 6 +
iPhone 6 Plus +
iPhone 6S +
iPhone 6S Plus +
iPhone 7 +
iPhone 7 Plus +
iPhone 8 +
iPhone 8 Plus +
iPhone X +
Most iPhone 10 X phones will work with Virgin Mobile if they’re unlocked and were previously used with Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile, Boost Mobile or Sprint (service must be terminated for 60 days or more for phones used with Virgin Mobile, Boost Mobile or Sprint)
    Some iPhone 10 X phones previously used with AT&T, T-Mobile, Cricket Wireless or MetroPCS will not work with Virgin Mobile because the CDMA network technology necessary to work on Virgin Mobile network has been disabled

THIS {information} DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING PERTAINING TO PURCHASING A "new phone from Apple" !!  I'M GOING TO BE CALLING AN APPLE STORE AND FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS MESSED UP SITUATION FRIEND'S = AL 11/16/2018