Virgin Mobile

Apple - Unlocked Iphone XS - Not supported by Virgin Mobile.

Agent

Re: Apple - Unlocked Iphone XS - Not supported by Virgin Mobile.

Hi there, @AL! Thank you for stopping by. Unfortunately, neither the iPhone XS nor the iPhone XS Max are eligible for Bring Your Own. At the moment, only the Virgin Mobile branded version is compatible. 

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

My son had that same problem two years ago when he purchased an unlocked iPhone from Apple and was unable to use his Virgin Mobile SIM card for Virgin Mobile service. My wife and I are 10+ years Virgin Mobile users. I just spent $2,200 on two unlocked Apple XR iPhones- the store gave me two Virgin Mobile SIM cards for the XRs. Virgin Mobile Support said that they are unable to support the NEW UNLOCKED PHONES. This is inconsistent with their BRING YOUR OWN PHONE PROMOTION. If I want to use my two brand new UNLOCKED iPhones I can not use VirginMobile. (Like my son two years ago- I will have to make other arrangements.) WARNING: You are not under a contract- but your phone is a SLAVE to one carrier when you are forced to purchase it from them. I'll pass. I vote with my feet. Audios.

@david3 wrote:

I purchased an unlocked IPHONE XS from Apple - I bought my own SIM, that did not work.  Had Virgin overnight a new SIM ...that did not work.

Now, tech support tells me the phone will not work on Virgin Mobile until Virgin gets a new "Update".. Whatever that means...

$1300.00 and 10 days later I still can't use my new phone...

Whiz Kid

Yes, I did get it wo work, they sent me 3 sims, and finally the last one worked.  However, once I did an update, I couldn;t use voice  and data at the same time.  Called back in and literally got hung up on.  I wasn't cussing or yelling, just couldn't believe that the representative had the ne-neh's to tell me the apple phones don't allow voice and data at the same time.  Excuse me? What?  hahahaha! no.  I am truly looking at taking my 1500 investment to a different carrier.

Agent

We want to provide our customers with the best experience at the lowest cost. You can talk on the Virgin Mobile network while also using data on a Wi-Fi connection. This phone configuration provides the best battery life and the highest LTE data speeds at the lowest cost to you.

Whiz Kid

The iPhone XS won't cause me to toss my DSLRs, but it does make me feel less bad.

https://domyhomeworkonline.net/