Virgin Mobile

Attempting to text multiple cell numbers, returned with an error stating the numbers are landlines.

Whiz Kid

Attempting to text multiple cell numbers, returned with an error stating the numbers are landlines.

I desperately need help!
On my iPhone 6, within the past week whenever I try to text any 100% sure cell numbers, and they have tried to text me too, from my phone, I immediately get a return text from the number 236-9 and the message states “Free Msg: Your Text to Landline msg is waiting to be delivered. Reply Y to deliver your Text to Landline msg and opt-in. Msgs billed at $.25” and I never receive their messages they send me. I can call out and receive calls, I have data and can use my internet. I have called customer care and they were of very little help considering I can’t troubleshoot when I’m on the only phone I have to call from. I have tried factory resetting, hard resetting, resetting my settings, updating my network settings, removing the sim for 10 seconds and putting it back in, nothing is working. Google search yields nothing. Any other ideas? Someone please help me..
1 REPLY 1
Agent

Re: Attempting to text multiple cell numbers, returned with an error stating the numbers are land...

Hello athenadivine! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We want to assist you. Are you sending sms to Android or Apple devices? Did you check that the option "send as sms" is enabled under settings> Messages? Is your phone up to date with the latest ios? ~AmyM25