Virgin Mobile

Buying NEW Iphone 11 thru Apple and which netowrk/SIM etc. for activation

Whiz Kid

Buying NEW Iphone 11 thru Apple and which netowrk/SIM etc. for activation

Hi there. Current VM customer. Apologies if this has been covered to death or I missed something in the FAQs.

I'm buying a new iPhone 11 or 11pro through Apple (need their monthly payment option or I would purchase direct through VM) and I'm seeing conflicting info as to whether I need to buy the phone unlocked and SIM-free, or if I need to select Sprint as my carrier, if I'll have to get a separate SIM card through VM, and whathaveyou and so forth.

Any tips that would prevent me spending $700 on the wrong phone entirely would be greatly appreciated! Hope my questions are all clear, thanks.

Nate

1 REPLY 1

Re: Buying NEW Iphone 11 thru Apple and which netowrk/SIM etc. for activation

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. At the moment, iPhone 11 devices purchased from Apple are not compatible with Virgin Mobile. Only Virgin Mobile Apple iPhone 11 devices can be activated with our network. We are sorry about any inconvenience this might cause you. If there are any changes in the future, you will see this information updated online on our Bring Your Own Device website https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans/bring-your-device.html