Virgin Mobile

Can not activate Brand New Unlocked Iphone 11 Pro

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Can not activate Brand New Unlocked Iphone 11 Pro

I bought a brand new unlocked iphone pro from the apple store 3 days ago. I get it home I call customer service to get my new phone activated and my old iphone 7 taken off. I speak to the rep who first told me that the iphone 11 Pro doesnt work on virgin (which is wrong it does you sell it). Second they tell me i need a new SIM card and I must have to order a new SIM, ok no problem I buy a new SIM for $10, pay to have it overnighted and get it in the mail. Order Number: [***personal info removed***]

I get it in the mail, call back again and speak to someone about doing this all over again. When I get back on the line tehy first tell me again my New Iphone 11 Pro unlocked wont work, however I know it will since the IMEI shows that it is compatabile (as it is unlocked). After I get over that she tells me it wont actrivate and to hold on. (mean while this has been 2 hours on the phone). I then hear i was transfered to applecare tech support?? 

So then I call back again (third time totally awesome support!!) i get on the line with someone else who tells me yes everything should work fine again, starts to activate my new SIM and brand new phone and then tells me my NEW SIM is activated on my old phone and I need to buy another new SIM?? I dont mind waiting again, its super annoying, but i want my phone to work, but having to pay again becuase someone at virgin messed up and activated my new sim on my old phone is crazy. What horrible support my phone still doesnt work I need a new SIM card again. So i ordered it AGAIN Order Number: [***personal info removed***]

Lets see if I ever can have an iphone 11 Pro on virgin....

I just can not believe the imcompetance from a cell phone company that can't activate cells phones! I know everyone says sorry, well that's great an all i just want it fixed... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: Can not activate Brand New Unlocked Iphone 11 Pro

So @Joy1713  and @Reinhardt-S  I got it working finally!! with such great support. My number is correct, I have my nice new iphone 11 pro working and I was able to save 10$ /month!!!

it was so easy, all i had to do was switch to verizon!!!

Plus I can talk and use data at the same time like i could in 2007!!

thanks for the great help!!

I am here to serve you!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CST. We are really sorry to hear about these inconveniences you have experienced with the activation of this device and with your contacts with our customer service department. At the moment, we are not able to activate iPhone 11 devices even if they are unlocked, unless they are Virgin Mobile iPhone 11 phones. We understand that this could be confusing. There are several steps on the activation of unlocked devices that are still not ready for the iPhone 11 line. We are sorry about any inconvenience this could cause you. We remain at your service.

Enthusiast

So according to your response, Virgin mobile who sells iphone 11s. Can not activate my unlocked iphone 11 Pro?

The reason I am asking is becuase I spoke to 3 different people (at virgin) who said all I needed was a sim card (which I paid for 3 TIMES!!).

Also according to Virgin's website this phone is compatable (See below). So this means it is one of two things:

1. Virgin's systems and Customer servicer all are horrible and give false and incorrect information.

2. My phone can work and I am being mis informed again

either way you are not "remaining at my service" you are in fact not providing any service as of now. What kind of cell phone company can't activate cells phones? And can you explain the false information your website gives??

VIrgin .JPG

Agent

Hey there @ridahk Unfortunately, this device is not included on our Bring Your Own list. Therefore, it cannot be activated with our service. Also, only new or switching customer can activate the device as Bring Your Own, since this is not available for existing customer. 

~JoyP.

Enthusiast

I apperciate that input, again the issue here is that Virgin Customer Support has been telling me something completely different. When I just called in they told me they could activate it again. So I dont know who is right, what I do know is my phone works on everyone's network.

Please tell me why also when I log into my account in the virgin website, Under "Swap my device", it also tells me that this phone is compatible with Virgin...

Literally every tool Virgin has tells me it works, your support told me it works, but now I am being told it doesnt work.

So who is right??

Enthusiast

@Joy1713 there are other users who had the same issue as me here:

https://community.virginmobileusa.com/t5/iPhone/Sim-Card-for-Unlocked-iPhone-11/td-p/43994

which did get it activated.

But when you have the following given information:

1. Iphone 11s work on virgin

2. I have an unlocked iphone 11 phone

3. the virgin systems say it works

4. other users have gotten it to work

than being told it wont work is wrong. just like if you said 1+1 = 7 it is wrong. teh fact is you are wrong and it works, so make it work.

Enthusiast

So @Joy1713  and @Reinhardt-S  I got it working finally!! with such great support. My number is correct, I have my nice new iphone 11 pro working and I was able to save 10$ /month!!!

it was so easy, all i had to do was switch to verizon!!!

Plus I can talk and use data at the same time like i could in 2007!!

thanks for the great help!!

I am here to serve you!!

View solution in original post