Virgin Mobile

Can't Text SMS from iPhone to Android - was told outage, but now ...

SOLVED
Master

Re: Can't Text SMS from iPhone to Android - was told outage, but now ...

The problem only happened Monday once I did the apple update. It’s like virgin needs to do some kind if update to keep up. It’s not an apple issue though I have spend days on the phone with apple and virgin
Agent

Sorry, we are service provider we can not update or override the phone manufacturer software and settings. 

Heavy Hitter

Figured out a new fix. Turned off Enable LTE in Cellular settings. Texting now appears to work.

Master

si That means it must be a network issue right?
Highlighted
Master

Holy cow - that worked! Way easier than using the subject line. THANKS

Whiz Kid

I have the same problem I have the Xanax and can’t text but can get text and I’ve done all the ##7363:5 crap also but it doesn’t work. I can text some Verizon people with an iPhone and some with that account and an iPhone I can’t text too and no other providers I can’t text too not even virgin mobile accounts
Agent

We truly apologize for this inconvenience, @TomH. You can rest assured knowing that we will do everything in our power to resolve this. To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP code where this occurs? Are you getting any error message? 

Whiz Kid

Done everything I have a ticket in with virgin Mobile and have been dealing with this since I bought the phone on 12/10/18 giving you that to see if there’s an outage has already been done I’m at my wits end with this. Now they say it’ll take another 72. hours to get back to me when I’ve already went through 72 hours
Master

Same thing here. 8 hours on the phone to apple and virgin. They acted like they’d never heard of this problem. Just spent $1,300 on a Xs Max and can’t text half the world. I’m just glad it’s not just me.
Agent

Hey there @DGnose We're sorry for the troubles! Are you using regular messages or iMessages?

~JoyP.