Virgin Mobile

Can't Text SMS from iPhone to Android - was told outage, but now ...

SOLVED
Highlighted
Master

Re: Can't Text SMS from iPhone to Android - was told outage, but now ...

Oh trust me I ha e and they says it’s a Virgin Mobile issue
Agent

Hi there, @Melissayon! Some iPhone customers have reported receiving a Failed to Send error when attempting to send SMS messages over an LTE connection. Virgin Mobile is working with Apple on a resolution to this issue. The only solution that we have at the moment is disabling the LTE connection. 

Heavy Hitter

Not just XRs. I have an XS. Would you believe I was the one who FIRST discovered the two workarounds (using subject field or turning off Enable LTE)? And now this are their solutions to “fix” the problem. You’d think they‘d  pay me for knowing more than their customer service and tech support. And me an old, 60 year old gal. 

Almost three months and still no fix from Virgin. The worst was when they told me a month ago they just couldn’t help me because I was the ONLY one having this problem. Virgin really should have just admited from the beginning it’s a problem they’re working on instead of making everyone jump through the same hoops (including erasing your phone) and telling us lies, like no one else is having the problem or it’s all Apple’s fault or telling people to sell their new phones. All the hours I wasted on the phone with them, messaging them and researching the problem on my own. 

Cindy

Whiz Kid

So, in addition to the SMS text issue, my new iPhone Xr has now lost the Visual Voicemail function and is not giving me any new voicemail notifications. If you got to the voicemail tab, it's just a button that says "Call Voicemail" and that's all it does. 

Reading up this seems to often be caused by a carrier connection issue as well so I'm wondering if I should bother trying the fixes listed online, or if it's just another symptom of the same carrier settings snafu. Anyone else experincing this? 

Honestly, this is a bigger pain that the SMS issue as most people I regularly text have iPhones... 

Agent

Hello, mkjeeves. We are sorry about the issues you're having. We'd like to look into this for you. Would you mind sending us a private message with your phone number and pin code so we can take a closer look?

Enthusiast

Good Job Cindy!

Now that Virgin has had this information for over 3 months and says "they know it's a problem with their services", what have they done to address?

Virgin - when and if do you expect to release a Carrier software update to FIX this issue?  Cannot believe you have Agents that are still playing dumb!

Agent

That’s definitely not okay. So sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this, kent5150.  We are aware of this problem, and we are working on a solution. In the meantime, we would recommend troubleshooting your phone with the steps above.

Enthusiast

After  two months, my phone is finally working the way it should.  Finally got Virgin to send me a new SIM card.  At first the site couldn’t identify my device to activate, so had to call to get new SIM card activated in my iPhone XR.  All this time, and turns out the SIM card was bad.  The new SIM card now has me able to text to androids without disabling my LTE.   Virgin needs to send anyone with this issue, another SIM card to ensure this hasn’t been the issue.....  Irritated that it took so many calls between Virgin and Apple, and two months of aggravation, but glad for the fix, finally.  

Master

How did you get them to agree to send you a new sim card
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info on the SIM card correcting the issue.  I agree that this  has been aggravating for all those involved. Was there anything you referenced to Virgin in requesting the replacement?