Virgin Mobile

Can't Text SMS from iPhone to Android - was told outage, but now ...

Re: Can't Text SMS from iPhone to Android - was told outage, but now ...

Hi there! Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue! We’d be happy to help. Are you getting any error message when you try to text to an Android phone? Are you able to text non Android phones?

Enthusiast

I am able to call, and receive messages from all andriod and iphone devices. I can send messages to iphone users, I just cannot send SMS messages to andriod phones. 

Can you please verify your device is not set to send only iMessages?

Enthusiast

It's not- SMS messages are on

Understood. Can you please remove the contact from your contact list and add it one more time. Then try to send a message.

Whiz Kid

I'm having the exact same problem and it's so frustrating. 

I also switched to an iPhone XR and can't send SMS messages to Android phones or receive some pictures from Android phones.

My SMS and MMS are on. I have reset the network settings and turned my phone off and on and still nothing. 

I did what another user suggested to turn the subject line option on and that worked. But it's less than ideal.

I hope they can fix this for us!

Agent

Hi there, Staceymckay1. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the inconvenience with the texts. 

We'd like to have a look at the account. Please, send us a private message with your phone number and PIN. 

Also, include the address to check the coverage.

Enthusiast

I am simply returning the phone. After 3 days now on seperate phone calls with virgin mobile tech support I was simply getting the answer “I don’t know” one advisor told me the only way to solve this is for me personally to visit the Apple store that they have a “partnership” with Apple and they would replace the device. I get to the Apple store and they tell me if they replace the device, there’s no guarantee it will work or that they would even be able to activate it and then I can’t return the device, so if it didn’t work, I’m stuck with it. I cannot believe the amount of lies I have gotten from virgin mobile and the fact that I paid as much as I did for a new phone for it to simply not to work that it took visiting this page to get answers from CUSTOMERS. Virgin mobile tech support could not tell me this??? I’ve been a virgin mobile customer for years and this is the last straw.
Agent

We understand your frustration, @Staceymckay1, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We'd like to know, have you tried to turn off iMessage off? If yes, did you try sending a message to an Android phone? 

Enthusiast

Yes. Same result. The phone was even completely deactivated and reactivated. It’s exactly what the above customer was stating. That he was told that these phones simply dont work with your carrier and that’s what I’m experiencing... the only difference is no one will just tell me that. Instead I bought this phone and have spend 3 days now trying to get someone to tell me how to fix it.