Virgin Mobile

Can't Text SMS from iPhone to Android - was told outage, but now ...

Agent

Re: Can't Text SMS from iPhone to Android - was told outage, but now ...

We understand this can be frustrating, @Staceymckay1 However, we want you to try this procedure: 

1. Go to Settings > Messages.
  2. Toggle Send as SMS switch to ON and the "iMessage" ON as well.
  3. When iMessage is unavailable, individual messages will send.
Enthusiast

THIS ISN'T A NEW PROBLEM. I POSTED IT ON 11/1 AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED. WHY DON'T ALL OF THE "SUPPORT" PEOPLE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE ISSUE IS GIVEN BY ANOTHER USER AS ONLY A WORK-AROUND??

Turn on your subject line and you have to enter someting in the subject line as well as the text for each SMS message you send.

SImple answer should be - we screwed up and we can't fix it. Hopefully the next IOS update fixes it because we are clueless!!

Whiz Kid

Thank you!!! Your approach worked on my new iphone xs!!! I am so excited!!! 

Enthusiast

I have spent two days on the phone with both apple and virgin and rest and restored everything with no help. If I am on the phone the text will go through but that’s the only way! So frustrating!!!
Enthusiast

No my XS has worked fine until I did the update and now can’t text my husbands samsung or any other Android without the subject line
Agent

Sorry to hear that, Melissayon! Can you please let us what troubleshooting steps have you performed on the phone?

Enthusiast

I have tried everything from hard reset to removing and replacing the sim and completely erasing my phone and restarting it which only made me loose all my pictures... I can get messages and send group messages to android users just not SMS unless I put something in the subject line which is a pain! I hope you fix it soon!
Agent

Thanks for the information, Melissayon. Unfortunately, we are not able to modify the phone software/apps and functions only the device manufacturer can do that. If the SMS app needs that the subject line be filled, we recommend entering a subject. 

Enthusiast

It is not an apple problem. People on Verizon with iPhone XS’s can text android users fine. It is clearly a virgin mobile issue!
Agent

Understood. Can you please let us if you had this issue in the past? Can you let us know what's your previous phone make and model?