Virgin Mobile

Can't Text SMS from iPhone to Android - was told outage, but now ...

SOLVED
Agent

Re: Can't Text SMS from iPhone to Android - was told outage, but now ...

Hi there DGnsoe. So sorry for this hassle with the texting issue. I was reading through your post, and I just want to confirm one piece of information. Are you trying to send text to Androids using iMessaging? 

Master

No, SMS is turned on. I have also tried turning iMessage off.
Agent

With your iMessaging on, you are unable to send to Android, that's ok. But if your iMessaging is off you should be able to. Now, can those users Android users able to send to you?

Master

My understanding is that when iMessaging is on and SMS are on, I should be able to text anyone. I can not text android phone at anytime unless I turn off LTE or am on a current phone call. I can receive texts from androids anytime.

Agent

Thanks for the info. Please turn off/disable iMessaging and try to send to a non IOS user. Make sure that your phone number is set to send and SMS is set to on. The green bubble shout show at all when doing this. 

Master

Now I can text non iOS users when iMessaging is off.
Agent

Exactly. This is the thing here. When iMessaging is on the text go out and run over Apple servers instead of our regular SMS routing servers. As such, Android devices will never receive your texts since they can not access those Apple servers. The bottom line, if you want to send to non IOS devices, iMessaging must be off. 

Master

I don't believe that's how it's suppose to work. I just turned iMessages back on and can text non ios. I'm in a different location. I'll try again when I get back home.
Agent

Sounds good! We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Master

I still can’t even with imessaging turned off. It only works if lte is turned off