Virgin Mobile

Can't Text SMS from iPhone to Android - was told outage, but now ...

SOLVED
Agent

Re: Can't Text SMS from iPhone to Android - was told outage, but now ...

Please turn the phone off and back on, then try that again.

Master

Right now my phone is working exactly like it is suppose to. 

Agent

That's so good to hear! Thank you for letting us know. We remain at your service.

Enthusiast

I am having the worst Virgin Mobile experience. 

This issue is STILL unresolved for me. Last week, for a magical few days, it seemed to work just fine. I could text Android users no problem. And then, it went back to saying not delivered.

I spoke to Virgin Mobile customer support. I was told they would literally not do anything to assist me. No refund. No phone swap. No new SIM card. They kept telling me to do the same 10 or so steps they walk everyone through, from turning the phone on and off again to turning off iMessage and turning it on, etc. etc, dial ##87323#, etc.

I asked them to unlock the phone so I could switch carriers and was told they cannot because it is the "policy" that I must keep the phone for ONE YEAR. 

Keep in mind that I have been a Virgin customer for over a DECADE. Ten years, you guys will not help.

Finally, I said, "What am I supposed to do? I have a 1,000 dollar phone that does not work for half the people in my contact list! I have a broken phone and you're doing nothing to help me."

The woman on tech support actually said I should SELL THE PHONE. How unethical is that **bleep**? Sell a broken phone? Unbelievably. Richard Branson would **bleep** his pants. 

At the end of an almost one hour conversation with tech suport, offering ZERO solutions, she said, "Is there anything else I can help you with?" Clearly trying to get me off the phone.

I then called Apple tech support (i've been into their store already and they couldn't help). The guy explained to me that this is a problem on Virgin's end because when I went to the Apple store they checked the phone and the diagnosis was that the phone was in perfect working order. Furthermore, I can CALL Android phones and friends who have Android phones can text me, which means that the phone is working, it's the carrier that is the problem.

Is there really no solution to this?? And is there ANYONE at Virgin who is able to help me?? 

Enthusiast

no

Enthusiast

i wish i could have returned my phone, however, when i first got it and i had this problem, tech support told me there was an outage in my neighborhood and that it would take a week to fix.

on day 8, when the outage was not fixed, and i asked to return the phone, they said no b/c i had already passed the 7 day return policy.

can you believe that **bleep**??

Agent

Hi there, animal2b! Have you tried sending the message while LTE is turned off? 

Whiz Kid

I registered just so I could respond to this post.  Are the folks at Virgin serious?  There are countless people having this same problem with iPhone to Android text and they have the audacity to ask if it works when you turn off the LTE?  Doesn't that defeat the purpose of cell service?  I have been on the phone with them for weeks now.  Waiting for countless call backs.  I have been a customer for more than 10 years.  I have never experienced such outrageously dishonest and unconscionable customer service in my entire life.  I am going to change carriers tomorrow.  

Agent

Hi there Epi57. So sorry for this hassle. We are aware that there is an issue with some IOS devices are getting an error when trying to send SMS to Android phones.  We are working with Apple on a resolution to this issue.  Another work around is the following;  

Go to settings
-Tap Messages
-Scroll to Show Subject Field, toggle ON
-Navigate back to the Messages app and try to send a text message.
-You can enter a dot or a space on the subject line.

I works for most customers. we understand this may be little tedious, but until there is a definite fix that should work. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Whiz Kid

Sorry. It doesn’t work for me. Saw that on your blog and tried it weeks ago.