Virgin Mobile

Can't Text SMS from iPhone to Android - was told outage, but now ...

Agent

Re: Can't Text SMS from iPhone to Android - was told outage, but now ...

We understand your concerns, @Epi57. Rest assured we will definitely come up with a fix as soon as possible because our dedicated team is already started working on it. Thanks.

Whiz Kid

Turning off LTE is Settings does seem to "fix" this issue.

Defeats the purpose of a LTE network and hope for the sake of Virgin's support base that they get their act together to rectify this friggin issue.

Whiz Kid

Hello,

So I bought a new Xr last week, unaware of this issue. At first I was able to text non iOS phones, but in the last day or two I began to have issues, and then today seem to be completely unable.

I did not take any updates after setting up the phone when I first received it, so nothing has changed on that front. I wonder if it might location/coverage related after all?

I haven’t tried either the subject line workaround or the LTE shutoff but I guess I’ll do that if need be. Has there been any further resolution on this?
Agent

Hey there, @mkjeeves! Thanks for contacting us. After a new iOS update, iPhone devices may not be able to text Android users without adding a subject. However, that feature needs to be added, here's how:

o    Open the Settings app on iPhone.
o    Tap Messages.
o    Make sure to turn the "Send as SMS" feature, ON
o    Find Show Subject Field, toggle on.
o    Navigate back to the Messages app to see the changes.