Virgin Mobile

Can't activate/swap device

Enthusiast

Can't activate/swap device

I'm unable to swap or activate my Certified Pre-Loved iPhone 6s. I'm able to enter the IMEI and confirm the ICCID, but when I go to the "new number" page it asks for either my virginmobile pin or date of birth. No matter what, the page does not accept the answer to either. I've tried updating and restarting the iphone, updating my virginmobile PIN, and activating the device through iTunes. No matter what, the virginmobile activation site does not work, and I'm not sure what to do. 

(Additional info: I previously owned an android phone on this plan which has broken, so calling customer support isn't really an option. Ideally, I would swap this plan over to the new iPhone.)

4 REPLIES
Whiz Kid

Re: Can't activate/swap device

I am having this same issue with an iPhone 8. When I checked on the website to make sure it was compatable (entered the IMEI), it said it was. Now when I try to activate it - it does the same thing - when I go to the "new number" page it asks for either my virgin mobile pin or date of birth. No matter what, the page does not accept the answer to either.

Enthusiast

It's odd, I figured new number would be easier, since when I chose to keep my old number it went into an endlessly loading page for about 30 minutes. I figured it had something to do with switching to an iphone, but now I'm thinking it's a problem with the activation page in general. 

Whiz Kid

I agree - tried both options too. I was not wanting to change my number, but figured I would if that would take care of the issue. Still no luck...

Agent

Good morning, dflann1 and rkjacob! We truly apologize for the hard time you guys have had and for the late reply too!

To better help you with that situation, please send us a private message including:

- Your phone number and PIN.

- The MEID and ICC ID codes from the phones you want to activate.

To send us a private message, just click on the agent's username (RB-1991 in this case) and then look for the option that says "Send this user a private message".

We'll be glad to help you!

RB-1991 (Robert)