Virgin Mobile

Can't swap/activate iPhone online

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Can't swap/activate iPhone online

I recently purchased an iPhone and received it a few days ago. I'm having trouble using the online "activation" for swapping out my old iPhone to the new one. It gets stuck on one page and I cannot go any further.

Is there another way to activate my iPhone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Whiz Kid

Re: Can't swap/activate iPhone online

I called their number 1 (888) 322-1122 and found the option to activate my recently purchased phone. It was like two levels into the options to get to the activation instructions. The activation was quick and my phone is now finally activated after feeling frustrated from the failed online activation process.

I bought a "preloved" used iPhone and so it was activated before. The automated voice gives you directions on what to do. Like turn off your phone and then turn it on. The voice tells you if your phone has been activated before right after entering the IMEI/MEID so when you want to activate, the voice will ask you again if the phone has been activated previously before it starts the activation process. My iPhone had service in a matter of a few minutes, more like a minute or two.

Calling was way faster.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Whiz Kid

I'm having the exact same problem.  I enter the numbers for the phone and login to my account and I tell it I want to use my current number, but then it gets stuck on the plan screen.  What do I need to do?

Whiz Kid

I called their number 1 (888) 322-1122 and found the option to activate my recently purchased phone. It was like two levels into the options to get to the activation instructions. The activation was quick and my phone is now finally activated after feeling frustrated from the failed online activation process.

I bought a "preloved" used iPhone and so it was activated before. The automated voice gives you directions on what to do. Like turn off your phone and then turn it on. The voice tells you if your phone has been activated before right after entering the IMEI/MEID so when you want to activate, the voice will ask you again if the phone has been activated previously before it starts the activation process. My iPhone had service in a matter of a few minutes, more like a minute or two.

Calling was way faster.

View solution in original post

Whiz Kid

Calling the number worked!  Thanks for the heads up.