Cancelling VM, but at beginning of payment cycle. Can I get prorated amount back?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Cancelling VM, but at beginning of payment cycle. Can I get prorated amount back?

I'm moving to another carrier.  Just pre-paid (autopaid) yesterday for this coming month.  If I cancel now, can I get a pro-rated amount back?

3 REPLIES 3
Enthusiast

Re: Cancelling VM, but at beginning of payment cycle. Can I get prorated amount back?

In case anyone is wondering... I've been with VM for... forever... it's been my only cell carrier.  I need to upgrade my phone and the two phones I've been intereted in have been "out of stock".  I've checked almsot daily for the past 2 months and it never comes back into stock and there's no way to set an alert as to when it comes back.  I've read others complaining about the same thing.  Can't wait any longer.  So... I have switched to another carrier (paid for but not activited yet, as I'm debating about waiting until this billing cycle runs down).   It may cost a little bit more, but from what I read they have better coverage and better customer service. When I first started with VM their customer service was GREAT... always could get someone on the phone and they were friendly.   It looks like the only way to get personal help now is through these messages and an agent saying "PM me" (which is a plus, but there should be other ways that are clear and easy).

Re: Cancelling VM, but at beginning of payment cycle. Can I get prorated amount back?

That’s not what we like to hear. We’re on it, djrb! We do not pro-rate adjusments, we apologize.

Enthusiast

I couldn't find a phone number on the VM website.  I eventually used the PM (private message) on the Virgin Mobile Facebook page.  There, someone gave me a short code (8681) to contact someone via text from my VM phone.  (For those trying to do the same thing... just text to that number and explain what you want.) That was responded to promptly and I was able to get my VM account number. You need your VM account number to give to the new carrier, and I discovered it is NOT the same as your phone number.   (Why VM doesn't share your own account number with you ON your account page online, I have NO IDEA.).