Virgin Mobile

Cannot text to android

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Cannot text to android

I can send and receive iPhone texts and receive android texts and send photos to androids but can’t text. I receive an immediate not delivered message. This has been going on for a month. 

I have turned off and on SMS and IM messaging.

I have installed iPhone updates including betas. 

I have restarted my apps. 

I have updated all apps. 

I have wiped my iphone clean and restored. 

This happens at every address and city. 

This is happens with ALL android users. 

Apple said it as a carrier issue. 

Cindy

new iPhone XS

27 REPLIES 27
Enthusiast

Re: Cannot text to android

I literally have the exact same issue. iPhone XS, tried all the same troubleshooting stuff, contacted apple, contacted virgin mobile. The customer support and technical teams have been no help and have gave me the run around the entire time. Apple also advised me to do the same stuff I already tried (resetting my entire phone, etc). I am seriously contemplating leaving virgin mobile (after 8 years or so). This issue has been handled very poorly on my end.
Agent

Hi there, Cindym. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the inconvenience with the messages. 

We'd like to have a look at the account. Please, send us a private message with your phone number and PIN. Also include your full address to check the coverage.

Heavy Hitter

And Apple blames it on VIrgin and vice versa. So frustrating. 

Heavy Hitter

I cannot send you a private message as it says I’ve reached my limit. A week ago Sunday I DMed for over 5 hours with your customer service staff who had no knowledge of tech knowledge. Got nowhere. So now what? Cindy
Agent

Please filling the subject line on the text and try again. 

Enthusiast

I am having the same issue since activating my new iphone XR.  Never had issue with previous iphones owned.  Have been a Virgin customer for years....  I have been back and forth with Virgin and have had Apple go through everything.  Virgin continues to ask me to give them another 48-72 to escalate the issue and I have allowed them a full month of this to fix the issue.  Apple has tried everything and doesn't know anything further to do & they believe it is a carrier issue, but Virgin says they cannot find anything wrong with the carrier account on my phone.  This has become a huge inconvenience.  I have asked for them to replace the phone or refund me my money, and they continue to say that they want to fix the issue.  A MONTH????

I think it is time to help the customer and fix the issue by replacing this phone, and seeing if the phone is actually the problem.   At least then we will know.  Or...  refund me the money and allow me to purchase a different model.  Not at all fair to blow of a good customer, and I am now getting very frustrated.

Enthusiast

Exactly.

Agent

We understand, Edie. Some customers are experiencing this issue after updating the IOS to the latest one. What has worked for them is to add something to the Subject line when sending text messages to Android phones.

Heavy Hitter

I'm the one who came up with this solution, no thanks to Virgin. Isn't it funny a 60 year old gal seems to know more than the Virgin techs? An easier fix is to turn off "Enable LTE" in Cellular options. But this is not ideal either. I also found I can text photos with no problem. Weird.

I now have an escalated case open with Virgin who says I will hear from them 24-48 hours with a fix. Since someone else has said their case has been open a whole month, I guess I won't hold my breath. Come on Virgin!