Virgin Mobile

Cannot text to android

Enthusiast

Re: Cannot text to android

My phone has never worked since it was activated.  His had had nothing to do with the IOS.   I refuse to have to try to add a subject line each time I text.   Replace my phone!!!!   Btw...  you have asked me to wait 48-72 hours about 5 times now, while you escalate my issue toget it fixed, and no one calls me back after that time has gone by to let me know what we can do.  

Enthusiast

Cindy....  you are my new best friend.  Turning off enable LTE and it appears to be working.  Not sure how important that function is for other things though......  

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Spoiler

MY case was escalated last Friday after talking to 4 people! Someone from Virgin just called me with details from the Network department or something. Couldn't understand 95% what he said because of his poor English. Finally he hung up on me. Such wonderful Virgin customer service. 

Heavy Hitter

MY case was escalated last Friday after talking to 4 people! Someone from Virgin just called me with details from the Network department or something. Couldn't understand 95% what he said because of his poor English. Finally he hung up on me. Such wonderful Virgin customer service.

Agent

Hey there @Cindym We apologize for the inconvenience. Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you? Please, include your phone number and pin.

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

Heavy Hitter

When is this going to be fixed? Next time someone calls me, please make sure they speak fluent English. I'm not so good with accents. The last guy that called me eventually hung up on me.

Agent

Hey there, Cindy! We are working with Apple on a resolution. As a workaround, you can try disabling LTE by selecting Settings> Cellular> Cellular Data Options the toggle off Enable LTE and try to send a message. 

Enthusiast

same problem here since november. tech support gives me the same 10 steps to try every time. there's no checks and balances, no one seems to realize i have been complaining about this forever, so every time i get tech support, they start helping me like i've never talked to anyone before: "Try turning the phone off and then back on."

This is MADDENING. 

I was on with tech support and said, "I've been a Virgin customer for 10 years. You won't offer any help or any solution. I have . 1000 dollar phone that is broken. What do I do?"

And she said, "Sell the phone."

How unethical is that? After arguing for an hour with her, she cut me off and asked, "Is there anything else I can help you with?" 

Seriously??

Agent

Hello, animal2b! We're sorry about the issues you're having with your service. Let's get this thing worked out. Have you tried to reset the phone?

Heavy Hitter

Customer since 2003 and you know what they told  me last Friday? I'm the ONLY one having this problem so there's no more they can do for me.

I agree. THIS IS MADDENING. 

I have done everything, including wiping my phone clean.

They won't even admit problems on their end or Apple's end. I agree with you, the customer and tech support is not support. This is a major problem as I have to text to coworkers on the field and has been going on since Nov 1. Every solution they've come up with are workarounds I came up with first and posted on these board: turn on subject line and turn off Enable LTE.

I can't believe they told you to sell the phone.