Virgin Mobile

Cannot text to android

Heavy Hitter

Re: Cannot text to android

When you turn that off, you're getting 2G or 3G instead of 4G service.

Enthusiast

Cindy, 

this is the message i got today, pasted below.

I have been lied to since day one, when they told me it was a neighborhood outage that they would fix in about a week, conveninetly, when the week was up, the outage was not fixed, but i had also surpassed the 7 day return policy by one day. 

Hi there! Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, iPhone users are unable to send text messages using a LTE connection to Android phones. You can switch to CDMA so it can work. We'd like to open a ticket to track this issue. In order to discuss your private account information, please send us a text message with your phone number and PIN code using the following short code 8681. ~Cara M.

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, we’d like to help you. Please send us your number and PIN through a private message. To see the option to send private messages, click on my username.

Whiz Kid

Has anyone been able to have this issue resolved?

I purchased a new iphone XR last week and cannot text to Android (SMS texts).  I have seen numerous other customers complaining of this in this 'Online Community'.  I called Customer Service, they tried to have me try a few things like typing ##873283# and nothing worked.  They told me they would have someone email me or call me and I never heard from anyone.  I've done the work arounds that I've read about on here, placing something in the subject line when I text to android, and also turning off LTE, and then I can text to Android, but these temporary fixes are unacceptable.  I have a very expensive phone that does not even function properly.  I do not want a subject line preceeding my texts, and if I turn off LTE and try to use the internet on my phone, it is dreadfully slow so this will not work.  I am begging for someone to PLEASE help me fix this issue the right way, and if this is not possible, can someone from Virgin please be straightforward with me and let me know if this problem cannot be fixed at this point, whether or not Virgin is working on a way to fix this?  I would truly appreciate it. 

Agent

Hi there, deannah! This is a known issue with iOS devices. Our network engineers are doing all they can to have it resolved as soon as possible. Sorry for the wait so far!

Whiz Kid

Thank you for your reply. Please reply here as soon as you have any new information regarding this issue. I appreciate your help.
Whiz Kid

I feel exactly the same way!  Upgrading from an iPhone 6 to an XR was supposed to make things faster and easier, not have me scouring the internet for 2 hours to find a workaround, not even a permanant solution!

Hopefully we get an answer soon as having to turn LTE off to send a text is ridiculous!  And the crazy thing is I can send group MMS, even to the same numbers that won't go through individually.

Heavy Hitter

I didn’t know about the group texts but I found I could text a photo okay. Just not words. Installed the latest Apple iOS beta update. No effect.