Virgin Mobile

Certified Pre Loved iphone warranty problems

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Certified Pre Loved iphone warranty problems

I am having an issue with utilizing the warranty of my Certified Pre-Loved iPhone 6S.  I called VM and explained the situation and was hung up on.  After reviewing some of the topics here, I tried calling Apple.  They said that the warranty was expired since they were looking at the original warranty.  They have no record of my purchase of the certified pre-loved device (purchased 11/16/18 by me).  I explained to them that I purchased the phone certified pre owned via VM and that I paid the extra for 'certified' so it came with the 1 year apple limited warranty.  After an HOUR on the phone with Apple, and having sent them my order confirmation email from VM to prove when I bought the certified phone, it was deteremined that VM is responsible for passing the information along to them about the sales of the certified phones so that the warranty start date and information can be updated in their (Apple's) systems so that when I call in like I just tried to do, they are able to locate my active warranty.  I sent VM an email explaining this and am awaiting a response. But based on what I have seen in this online community, I am not hopeful.  I have been a happy VM customer for years and I truly hope this can be resolved, otherwise I am done with them!

5 REPLIES
Agent

Re: Certified Pre Loved iphone warranty problems

Hello, LME85. That's not what we like to hear. We truly apologize for the inconvenience. We'll be happy to assist you today. Can you send us a private message with your phone number and pin code to verify your account? Thanks.

Agent

We have replied to your private message, LME85. Please check your inbox. Thanks.

Enthusiast

Here's the latest update - talked to Apple and they wouldnt accept the order confirmation I sent them as proof of my purchase date.  Spoke to VM, they sent me a new email with more info that they swore Apple would accept.  Sent that to Apple along with a picture of my box that shows its a certified pre loved phone and also shows that it includes the one yera apple limited warranty.  I sent these pictures to Apple and they sent me 3 supervisors up and said said unfortunately they do not participate in these warranties on items certified by other carriers.  They were able to see that they sold the phone to VM last March but that is it and that they don't change purchase dates to re-enable warranties.  Basically, they at VM aren't authorized to sell certified phones and promise an apple one year limited warranty.  They will be taking the information I provided them and starting an investigation.  

Your move, Virgin Mobile....

Agent

Sorry to hear that, LME85. Please send us a private message so we can discuss private account information.

Enthusiast

Have been told for the last two weeks that they are requesting an update and will let me know ASAP but still not getting an actual response.

Any one else out there having issues with a certified pre loved iphone warranty?  I'd love to hear from you to confirm I am not the only one dealing with this.