Agent

Re: Device Swap Problem - iPhone XR

Did you check if your device is compatible here already? ~AmyM25

Enthusiast

yes it said it was but fails on confirming the ICCID #

Agent

We apologize for the troubles! In this case you will need to purchase a SIM card. 

~JoyP.

Enthusiast

That is my exact question.  Has anyone been able to sucessfully activate an iPhone XR with Virgin Mobile?  If so what were the steps?  I dont want to buy a new SIM only to find out its not doable.

Agent

Hey there @scattaway Where did you purchase the device? Do you have an account with us already?

~JoyP.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Purchased from the Apple store unlocked.  I had 2 accounts but now down to 1 due to Virgin Mobile device compatibility issues

Agent

Thanks for the information. We decided to take a closer look on our website, based on the list of devices the iPhone XR is not included. We believe you may not be able to activate it with us.

~JoyP.

Enthusiast

OMG so much conflicting information.   Many times I was told to just buy a new SIM and it will work and now iPhone XR will not work but you sell iPhone XRs on your website?

Agent

Yes, we do sell the device, but is not included on the Bring Your Own list. Link: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans/bring-your-device.html.

~JoyP.

Enthusiast

So a brand new completely CDMA/GSM unlocked  iPhone XR purchased directly from Apple is not compatible with Virgin mobile?