Virgin Mobile

Existing customer, new iPhone from Apple. Please help!!

Enthusiast

Existing customer, new iPhone from Apple. Please help!!

I called in to Virgin customer service 3 times over the past month to enquire about iPhone 11 availability for upgrading. The last guy I spoke to last week explicitly told me that I could/should purchase an unlocked phone from Apple, which I did today. I've been trying for hours and it still says that my iccid number is already in use. I have already completely set up this new phone and just need it to connect! What am I to do now?

12 REPLIES 12
Agent

Re: Existing customer, new iPhone from Apple. Please help!!

Hi there! At the moment, only new customers are eligible to bring their own eligible unlocked iPhone to Virgin Mobile. You can get more information here at https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans/bring-your-device.html.

Enthusiast

This is unacceptable! Your customer service rep told me to buy from Apple! What do I do now after having spent hundreds of dollars? And why are your reps giving out expensive (to the customer) misinformation?

Agent

We truly apologize for the inconvenience, @danny3001_1999. Please try to get a Virgin Mobile phone from them if the purchase was made recently.

Enthusiast

They don't carry Virgin Mobile phones! I went in to the store and asked a couple of months ago. This is why I've been calling in to your customer service for weeks to enquire about the timeline for iPhone 11 availability from Virgin. If I went in to the Apple Store and got a brand new Sprint sim, will that work?

Agent

You can try if you're activating a new account, but it wouldn't be possible with your existing account.

Master

Annie, why is it policy that only new accounts can bring their own phones? Why discriminate?

Agent

We understand your frustration, rshakes, & we apologize for the inconvenience! Unfortunately, we don't have an offer like that for existing customer at the moment. 

Enthusiast

So, you guys allow NEW customers to get a new iPhone 11 with virgin mobile but an existing member can not??? lol how is that even a thing. You guys do not restock your phones and people want to upgrade. Ridiculous

Agent

We sincerely apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing. Unfortunately, only new customer can purchase a compatible SIM card, since they're registering for the first time. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience. @nsawi

~JoyP.