Virgin Mobile

Existing customer: switching from an old iPhone to a new iPhone

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Existing customer: switching from an old iPhone to a new iPhone

I’ve been trying to follow the process of switching, both on the phone and online BUT when I’m asked to put in the IMEI # or MEID # I’m told that the number is not recognized ... I’ve tried seeing if I can get ahold of a real person to speak with on customer service over the phone but it seems like it’s all controlled by a voice operator. I’ve also searched to see if there are any VM stores in the Dallas/Ft Worth area but the only one I found their number wasn’t in service.
I just want to understand why my new iPhones IMEI/MEID # isn’t being recognized and what can be resolved so that my existing SIM card can be used in the new phone.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Existing customer: switching from an old iPhone to a new iPhone

We're sorry, rjuan3901. Unfortunately, we do not have a Bring your Own device program for existing accounts. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.  

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Hi there! We definitely want to get this figured out for you ASAP. Are you trying to activate a Virgin Mobile iPhone? Where did you purchase that phone? 

Whiz Kid

I currently use an iPhone 5s but I want to switch my VM SIM card to an iPhone 6 Plus. I was given the plus from an existing Verizon user
Agent

We're sorry, rjuan3901. Unfortunately, we do not have a Bring your Own device program for existing accounts. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.  

Whiz Kid

Similar question in that I bought a pre-loved iphone from virgin mobile website and I am having trouble activating it. I want this new iphone 7 on my existing inner circle plan, like I just want to swap my phone

Agent

Hey there, sknight! We can help you with that. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.