Virgin Mobile

False advertisement on Certified Preloved phones

Whiz Kid

False advertisement on Certified Preloved phones

1. I bought a Certified Preloved iphone 7 plus, but when i checked the serial number on apple warranty coverage site https://checkcoverage.apple.com/
it only has 9-10 months of warranty left.
2. Scratch and Color came out from the back side of the phone around camera.

I would like to know the conditon for only Pre loved one as it not worth to pay $80 more for certified one as  

as it does not have what it was advertised on the site.

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: False advertisement on Certified Preloved phones

So sorry to hear about this experience, pranoy08. We want to help! Can you please let us know when did you purchase your phone?

Whiz Kid

I am having the same problem, I bought a certified preloved iPhone 7 on 5/24/18 and I checked the Apple website and it says I have no warranty, I petitioned Apple providing proof of purchase. They declined my request saying that my warranty expired in February 2018. How is this when I just bought it with a full years warranty days ago. This is misleading and false advertising. I have been jerked around by this company for almost 2 weeks now, and I’m not playing games anymore.

Agent

Oh no, that's not what we like to hear, @Jecca210! Certified pre-loved phones include a 1 year apple Limited Warranty, but does not include Apple Care. Just to confirm, are you checking for Apple Care+ services? Because if that's the case, it won't go through. Also, where did you purchase this phone? If indeed you contacted apple for the 1 year Apple Limited Warranty, please send us a private message with your phone's MEID and the order number. We'll do our very best to help! 

Whiz Kid

I had the same problem!!! Virgin sent me a phone that never worked to begin with; the mic was broken when I received it and it took me just past 14 days to figure out what was going on because I would be using headsets sometimes which worked and other times people thought it was their own reception.  I called Virgin and they sent me to Apple who confirmed the problem but said they had only record of the original purchase THREE years ago and there was no warranty.  After literally 5 hours of phone laps between 8 departments at Virgin, Apple and Brightstar (despite insisting I had nothing to do with Brightstar, Virgin forced me to speak with them, and they sent me back to Virgin), I was told a Virgin rep had contacted Apple and corrected the warranty issue, and was transferred back to Apple for a third time. Apple STILL didn't have any record of my "certified purchase" and apprently VIRGIN IS SCAMMING by promising a year apple warranty!!!!!  DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT purchase a device from Virgin.  They are lying,  a new warranty from Apple is not possible per Apple and Virgin is selling broken, unrepaired phones as "refurbished" (just read the threads!).  There's even gunk from the previous owner still left in the ports.  This is unacceptable business practice on every level.  SHAME.

Agent

Hi there, Nicole1. Thank you very much  for contacting us. 

We're sorry for the inconvenience with your cell phone. What's the model of the cell phone you purchased?