Virgin Mobile

Has VM stopped accepting unlocked iphones on existing Inner Circle accounts?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Has VM stopped accepting unlocked iphones on existing Inner Circle accounts?

I was trying to swap my current phone on Inner Circle to a new iPhone SE unlocked from Verizon. I was able to do this in the past but was told this time by an agent that I can only swap to a VM branded phone. I wonder if this is the case now for Inner Circle plans. Can I still swap to the new iPhone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Has VM stopped accepting unlocked iphones on existing Inner Circle accounts?

Hi Majia! If you have an unlocked Verizon iPhone SE, there's no reason why it won't work on our network as it's 100% compatible with our network, so you should be able to swap that phone onto your line with zero issues.  Sorry you received incorrect information.  Please send me a DM and I'll be glad to help the swap if you need assistance!

8 REPLIES
Agent

Re: Has VM stopped accepting unlocked iphones on existing Inner Circle accounts?

Hi Majia! If you have an unlocked Verizon iPhone SE, there's no reason why it won't work on our network as it's 100% compatible with our network, so you should be able to swap that phone onto your line with zero issues.  Sorry you received incorrect information.  Please send me a DM and I'll be glad to help the swap if you need assistance!

Enthusiast

Hi I’m trying to get my unlocked iPhone 7 Plus a new SIM card at sprint (I don’t want to change to the inner circle I like my plan) anyway sprint isn’t sure what SIM card to give me. Is there a certain number are something that I can say that will help them know which will work so they know which SIM card to give me
Agent

Hello Busymom4, lets get you sorted out. Unfortunately we do not have a bring your own device for current customers .  

Enthusiast

I got the sprint SIM card. But there saying my phone isn’t unlocked. I’m confused about your comment about byop my last iPhone wasn’t yours
Enthusiast

I don’t have an existing inner circle account it’s just regular
Agent

@busymom4, are you currently a  Inner Circle member? You mention in your post you don't want to change to the Inner Circle. Only customer porting in from a non-sprint company can participate in the bring your own device program. 

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

I have your service and I’m trying to move from my iPhone 6s to my iPhone 7 Plus that’s unlocked