Virgin Mobile

Help - Inner Circle member, please unlock my iPhone 7 plus

SOLVED
Highlighted
Master

Help - Inner Circle member, please unlock my iPhone 7 plus

Folks,

I'm an Inner Circle member and have an iPhone 7 plus.  I've been trying to get my iPhone 7 unlocked but have not had any success.  I've called inner circle customer service several times and they keep saying "wait 24-48 hours".  It's been 6 days since I first called.  I'm not sure why this is taking so long?  I am travelling overseas this weekend for two weeks and really need the phone unlocked (domestically and internationally) so I can use a European sim card overseas for two weeks and here for a couple days after I return.  

My father is also an Inner Circle member and it took only a couple hours for his iPhone to be unlocked.  

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master

Re: Help - Inner Circle member, please unlock my iPhone 7 plus

Folks,

Just wanted to provide an update to my issue.  I called Virgin Mobile customer service this morning.  I spoke with Anne and she said she would email the department handling the unlock process and call me back later in the day.  She did call back about five hours later, but I missed the call.  She left a voice mail message, but I couldn't understand what she was saying.  

I called customer service back and they informed my my unlock request had been processed.  I tried a local/US sim card in my iPhone 7+ and it works.  I also tried my German sim card and it also works.  

For those of you trying to unlock your iPhone, I can only say keep trying.  My first call to unlock the phone last Sunday, so it took about six days.  Patience.........

Eric

2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Good luck!  I am in exactly the same situation.  I have an iPhone 7+ that they seem absolutely incapable of unlocking.  I requested it originally on 05 January and it is still not capable of accepting my T-Mobile SIM despite several phone calls and hours wasted.

I am now porting my number back away from Virgin Mobile because they are completely incapable/unwilling to help me.  Absolutely infuriating.  Certainly a lesson learned for me.

I hope you have better luck than I had!

Master

Folks,

Just wanted to provide an update to my issue.  I called Virgin Mobile customer service this morning.  I spoke with Anne and she said she would email the department handling the unlock process and call me back later in the day.  She did call back about five hours later, but I missed the call.  She left a voice mail message, but I couldn't understand what she was saying.  

I called customer service back and they informed my my unlock request had been processed.  I tried a local/US sim card in my iPhone 7+ and it works.  I also tried my German sim card and it also works.  

For those of you trying to unlock your iPhone, I can only say keep trying.  My first call to unlock the phone last Sunday, so it took about six days.  Patience.........

Eric