How can I bring my own phone to Virgin if im already a virgin customer

SOLVED
Enthusiast

How can I bring my own phone to Virgin if im already a virgin customer

Does anybody know how i can bring an iPhone from a different carrier to my account to use my phone number on? Like is there a way i can just order a new SIM card but keep my number?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: How can I bring my own phone to Virgin if im already a virgin customer

Run the IMEI of the phone through the Virgin Mobile eligibility checker.  If it passes you need to obtain a sim.  The are available free of charge on request from the Apple Store, can be purchased from places like Ting and Virgin Mobile may provide one.

An agent can assist you in keeping your existiing number.

Virgin Mobile agents have "Social Care Virgin Mobile" avatars and when the mouse is hovered over the avatar the word "agent" appears.

A PM can be sent by clicking on the avatar which opens up the Profile page where the option to send a PM is visible.

Agents can also be contacted on Facebook or Twitter.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Enthusiast

i tried to do the same today with no luck.  bought a new phone and virginmobie sim from apple store.  virgin's automated online activation rejects the IMED.  i telephoned virginmobile customer service, but never got through to a live person.

Highlighted
Wizard

Run the IMEI of the phone through the Virgin Mobile eligibility checker.  If it passes you need to obtain a sim.  The are available free of charge on request from the Apple Store, can be purchased from places like Ting and Virgin Mobile may provide one.

An agent can assist you in keeping your existiing number.

Virgin Mobile agents have "Social Care Virgin Mobile" avatars and when the mouse is hovered over the avatar the word "agent" appears.

A PM can be sent by clicking on the avatar which opens up the Profile page where the option to send a PM is visible.

Agents can also be contacted on Facebook or Twitter.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Enthusiast

The apple store does not have them. I have already tried them.

Highlighted
Wizard

https://ting.com/shop/sim

Best Buy does have a Boost 3 in one sim kit for $9.99 but be sure your model is covered.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/boost-mobile-tri-branded-sim-card-activation-kit/5887020.p?skuId=588702...

Highlighted
Enthusiast

So I could buy the SIM kit and just have virgin switch my number over?

Highlighted
Wizard

Just check the eligibility for the IMEI and phone number here and if everything is fine it will work once you have the sim.

One very important thing in having your number ported is to make sure you have the correct account number and port PIN from your carrier.  If there is an error in either the port will not work.

https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans/bring-your-device.html

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Will this still work if i'm already a virgin mobile customer?

Highlighted
Wizard

Yes, but you will need an agent to help.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Okay thank you so much. You have been a really big help.