Virgin Mobile

How to reach a representative at Virgin Mobile?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

How to reach a representative at Virgin Mobile?

Let's try this again. I need to reach a real person at Virgin Mobile. I need to give them my tracking number for an iPhone I returned to them. I spoke to a "Nicole" on the care number a few days ago who instructed that I call back with the tracking number from USPS, but once I tried to call them again, I can't seem to get past the automated machine.

I have read countless post on forums and discussion pages on other sites online from people who have said that Virgin Mobile doesn't refund money, they just keep delaying the refund process and keep the returned item. I am not sure if this is true but since I am not able to reach anyone there I am more on edge about this whole refund process.

It is imperative that I reach a real person at Virgin Mobile so I can give them the tracking number so that they can issue me the refund, or at least so that I know that I did everything I was supposed to do and the burden rests on them now.

Anyone know how to reach an actual representative?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: How to reach a representative at Virgin Mobile?

And YES, I did get my refund. After waiting the initial 14 days and checking my card account only to see that it hadn't been refunded, I called the number they gave me in the email. The Indian man who answered said he would expedite the return to the "experts", and that my refund would appear in 24 hours. After waiting 24 hours and still no refund, I resolved that I would call them the next morning. I checked my card account one last time that night a few hours after the first time I checked, and the refund had, in fact, been given to me.

So here's all the steps summed up for anyone who is having trouble returning, because I sure was frightened about this whole ordeal and I had no resource on this forum to turn to, so let's change that right now.

Write down the tracking number/IMEI. I had the confirmation email they sent me, so I knew the tracking number of the package they sent me. I'm not sure if you need the IMEI, I didn write it down but I suppose it couldn't hurt. 

Then, call them at the number they list on their site. If you can't get to a real person (I don't know how I was able to do so the first time I called) I suppose you could use 1-844-604-34-22, which is the number they emailed me and the one they have real people monitoring. Tell them you want to return an item, they will ask for the tracking number, perhaps some account info, then they will give you an address to send it back to. The one they gave me was in Plainfield Indiana. 

I used USPS to send it back, but UPS or fedex would work the same, I assume. You have to get the tracking number for the return trip, this number is different from the initial tracking number that was on the package when it was sent to you.

Track the package with the new tracking number on the website of the shipping company you used. When it says the package has arrived at its destination, you need to call that same number and tell them the new tracking number. They will determine that the package has been recieved, and will give you a refund reference number, which I guess is used to keep track of the refunds.

You can use the refund number to call them up and ask about its progress; whether it's on it's way or not. They say it will take 7-14 days for the refund to appear on the card statement. You need to wait that exact time, checking your card account periodically. After 14 days, if the refund still isn't On your card, call them again at that same number they emailed me. They will ask for the phone number associated with the account, but you can give the return reference number instead. Hopefully, they will expedite it the same way they did for me. The man said he would hand my case over to the experts, and that the refund will appear in 24 hours. He asked for my home phone number and email, so they could contact me. I never recieved any call or email pertaining to this matter, but my refund was delivered to me so it doesn't really matter. 

general tips: use speaker phone so you won't miss anything they said. Also, write down as much information as possible on a note pad, or record the conversation so in case they say something really important, you can re-listen to what they said. Write down their name. Try to be quaint and speak clearly: I bet their job sucks and they probably have just as hard a time understanding you as you have understanding them. Take your time and make sure to listen to them. Ask questions if they say something that confuses you. Don't be afraid to ask for someone higher up in the chain if necessary to the situation. 

Most important tip: keep track of everything, record all tracking numbers, info, dates, etc. 

5 REPLIES
Agent

Hello there, nibb! Definitely want to look into this for you. Can you please send us a private message so we can further assist you?  Thanks.

Whiz Kid

They provide 888 322 1122 but it's boost mobile.  What is virgin mobile support number?

Agent

Definitely want to look into this for you. This is the customer service number to Virgin Mobile ( 888 322 1122 ) . When you dial the number do you get a Boost Mobile recording? Victor21

Enthusiast

For anyone still looking for a solution to this issue, I emailed them and they provided me with a different number, one which they monitor with real people. It is 1-844-604-34-22. Or at least that is what the email said and every time I called, they were very helpful on that line. 
Enthusiast

And YES, I did get my refund. After waiting the initial 14 days and checking my card account only to see that it hadn't been refunded, I called the number they gave me in the email. The Indian man who answered said he would expedite the return to the "experts", and that my refund would appear in 24 hours. After waiting 24 hours and still no refund, I resolved that I would call them the next morning. I checked my card account one last time that night a few hours after the first time I checked, and the refund had, in fact, been given to me.

So here's all the steps summed up for anyone who is having trouble returning, because I sure was frightened about this whole ordeal and I had no resource on this forum to turn to, so let's change that right now.

Write down the tracking number/IMEI. I had the confirmation email they sent me, so I knew the tracking number of the package they sent me. I'm not sure if you need the IMEI, I didn write it down but I suppose it couldn't hurt. 

Then, call them at the number they list on their site. If you can't get to a real person (I don't know how I was able to do so the first time I called) I suppose you could use 1-844-604-34-22, which is the number they emailed me and the one they have real people monitoring. Tell them you want to return an item, they will ask for the tracking number, perhaps some account info, then they will give you an address to send it back to. The one they gave me was in Plainfield Indiana. 

I used USPS to send it back, but UPS or fedex would work the same, I assume. You have to get the tracking number for the return trip, this number is different from the initial tracking number that was on the package when it was sent to you.

Track the package with the new tracking number on the website of the shipping company you used. When it says the package has arrived at its destination, you need to call that same number and tell them the new tracking number. They will determine that the package has been recieved, and will give you a refund reference number, which I guess is used to keep track of the refunds.

You can use the refund number to call them up and ask about its progress; whether it's on it's way or not. They say it will take 7-14 days for the refund to appear on the card statement. You need to wait that exact time, checking your card account periodically. After 14 days, if the refund still isn't On your card, call them again at that same number they emailed me. They will ask for the phone number associated with the account, but you can give the return reference number instead. Hopefully, they will expedite it the same way they did for me. The man said he would hand my case over to the experts, and that the refund will appear in 24 hours. He asked for my home phone number and email, so they could contact me. I never recieved any call or email pertaining to this matter, but my refund was delivered to me so it doesn't really matter. 

general tips: use speaker phone so you won't miss anything they said. Also, write down as much information as possible on a note pad, or record the conversation so in case they say something really important, you can re-listen to what they said. Write down their name. Try to be quaint and speak clearly: I bet their job sucks and they probably have just as hard a time understanding you as you have understanding them. Take your time and make sure to listen to them. Ask questions if they say something that confuses you. Don't be afraid to ask for someone higher up in the chain if necessary to the situation. 

Most important tip: keep track of everything, record all tracking numbers, info, dates, etc.