I tried! still can't buy an iphone

Enthusiast

I tried! still can't buy an iphone

I have tried since April to use promo codes and buy me and 2 family members iphones. data done right plan is ending. keep getting urgent messages to get a new plan and buy a new iphone to save $5mo on service. I was told to private message a virgin mobile agent and I could get help. I still haven't gotten help. the phones are sold out and the promo code ends in 8min. Please help! Virgin mobile! my family and I have been with you for years but this is pushing us out. a cell phone is all I use. it is very important that this is fixed or we have to go somewhere else.

10 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: I tried! still can't buy an iphone

this time the site even said the promo code was invalid and it WAS before midnight. 

Agent

@ginnygirlu2 Hey there! Which devices are you trying to purchase? For how much is your promo code?

~ Joy

Enthusiast

I was trying to buy the iphone 5s. I wanted 32gb. that sold out, so I tried for 16gb. that sold out. I need 2 phones. I really have to have one phone with more gb so I was also trying for an iphone 6 32gb. that was sold out also. my promo code's are expired. I received a promo in April for $50 off and a promo for May which ended May 15th for $75 off. we have 3 people needing to switch to Data Love. We only need to buy 2 phones. I handle the accounts for my family and need the monthly cost to be taken from my account. We are also on a budget and need the iphone for data love to lower our monthly cost by $5 each account.I called VM yesterday and was told there wasn't anything that could be done for me. for myself, I am in a desparate need as a cell phone is my only phone.If you can help me Joy, I would appreciate it much!

Agent

Thank you so much for that information. In this case, please contact our customer care department in order for them to help you purchase the device. You can contact us at 1-[***personal info removed***].

Enthusiast

NOw, I have had a half dozen private messages. I think there will be help but they just say they are sold out. which that is how I started this conversation out. I do not get any help from these agents. my recent PM was a nice agent telling me some of the phones were available again but I asked about the promo codes that I lost out on because I wasn't allowed to purchase 2 phones. I have not gotten an answer back yet. HOWEVER the iphone 6 32gb is available now. When you click on it, it says it is $449 but on sale for $199. well, here we go again with problems. when I add it to the cart it says I owe $449 + tax! Keep getting those urgent messages to do something about data done right ending then agents say there is nothing they can do. this would be hysterical if it wasn't part of a true life nighmare. I'm going to have to get a house phone. that sucks. I need a cell phone. right now, all I have is this cell phone in the data done right plan which is already messing up my phone and shutting down service from time to time. even seem someone typing on my phone. feels like me and my family are being ran off or someone would have stepped up by now and took my order over the phone while there were still iphones and promo code for me. that easy.

Highlighted
Agent

Hello @ginnygirlu2. Unfortunately, orders over the phone can not be made using promotional codes. The provided promo codes can only be used to purchase phones online on our website. Keep in mind that some promo codes do not work with certain phones.

Enthusiast

Thanks but I know which phones can be used with the promo. you did not answer why I try to purchase the 6 32g today at $199 on sale shows up in my cart at $449. today. just a few minutes ago.

Whiz Kid

I agree with you, but the price was $99.99 on 5/17/17 and was out of stock for 3 weeks after promo started. I'm upset also . I wanted one at that price and now Virgin want us to pay $449. It's ridiculous and obscured

Enthusiast

May 20th- found an email with a new promo code. $100 off. iphone 6 32gb back in stock. price stated as $199. put in shopping cart, $449. look at site later and still $449!? Any phone that is not an iphone is appropriatly marked. As usual, there is a problem to purchase any iphone whatsoever!  @EdmundM @Jack2759 @Joy1713