Virgin Mobile

IPhone IMEI number not valid

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

IPhone IMEI number not valid

I am having a similiar issue to the user in this post

I recieved my sim card, installed it and when I go to activate it I get the error message "Let’s try that again. Please re-enter your device IMEI." as if the IMEI is invalid. For some reason, when the error pops up, the web page also strips off the last digit (which is a 1) making the number 14 instead of 15 digits. I have tried it without the 1, and I've double and triple checked that this is the correct number and did it multiple times throughout the day. 

A few pieces of context:

1) The iphone is a unlocked Iphone 6 I recieved through my job.

2) I am not (and never have been) a virgin customer. 

3) I did confirm that my phone was compatible with the BYOP program before ordering my SIM card.

4) The previous SIM card was verizon, so I assume it was purchased through them. 

5) I do not have a virgin mobile cell # or pin code, I was assuming I would get those during activation? 

Capture.JPGHere's what the error looks like.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: IPhone IMEI number not valid

Hi there, @nrogers367! Thanks for reaching out. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a Private Message IMEI and SIM card number so we can check.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

10 REPLIES
Wizard

Please delete the entry in the device ID box.

This is a public forum and such information should not be posted.

Go to Settings-General-About and scroll down to Model and examine the string there.

Does it look like this:  "M........LL/A"?

If it does not start with M or contain LL that may be the problem.

Enthusiast

Yeah, it's in "M........LL/A" format, so that should be fine. Thanks for the quick response!

I edited the picture to remove the device ID. 

Wizard

That is good news!

A Virgin Mobile agent should be able to assist you to resolve this problem.   It may simply be a software glitch.

Good luck!

Agent

Hi there, @nrogers367! Thanks for reaching out. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a Private Message IMEI and SIM card number so we can check.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Whiz Kid

Im having a similar problem - Apple just gave me a new iphone 6 because my old one had touchscreen issues. But now virgin wont recognize the IMEI. I work with the phone and need help asap!

Agent

Hi there andreamurta. We will be addressing your issue through your private message. Victor21

Whiz Kid

Hi! I’m also having the same problem with activating my preloved iPhone 6s Plus. Every time I input IMEI it does not accept.
Agent

Hi there jscmae95. Thank you for contacting us. Did you purchased your phone on the Virgin Mobile USA website? If so, are you receiving an error message? Victor21

Enthusiast

I have the same problem with my iphonX. Just got the sim card today and the website keep saying I need to re-enter the IMEI#.