Virgin Mobile

Inncer Circle Unlock Policy and Taxes

SOLVED
Heavy Hitter

Inncer Circle Unlock Policy and Taxes

So I have two questions the first one being I ordered an Iphone 6 32GB for the inner circle plan. I called VM and asked when this phone would be able ot be unlcoked since I am paying for the device without leasing or anything I should have the right to unlock it since I own it, The rep said it has to be active for 12 months but upon seeing discussion threads I see that some VM agents are saying for the inner circle the policy is different and can be unlocked at any time? So which one is the true unlock policy is amazing how everyone who works for the same company does not even know their own policys this is not how you get customers! My second question is I live in NJ where sales tax is 6.8% (about) so would the tax be (0.08) x 6.8% or would I get taxed on $50 which is the cost of the plan after a year.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Inncer Circle Unlock Policy and Taxes

Hello everyone. We have confirmed and the taxes are charge on your payments. You will be paying $0.08 and the taxes will apply to that amount.

Any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. Victor21

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Agent

@ateazy12 Please, accept our deepest apologies towards the misunderstanding. When it comes to the Inner Circle devices, we can unlock the device right away for you. The 6.08% of taxes will be applied to the $50. Let us know, if you've any other questions or concerns.

~ Joy P.

Heavy Hitter

@Joy1713 I used Facebook and got a message from Victor about the same question. He said I would get taxed on the $0.08 which makes sense, how can they tax me for $50 when I am paying for $0.08? Please once again let me know what the true answer is im so frustrated with this company already who doesnt even train their agents with the correct information... Looks like I will just have to return my phone at this point.

Agent

Hello everyone. We have confirmed and the taxes are charge on your payments. You will be paying $0.08 and the taxes will apply to that amount.

Any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. Victor21

View solution in original post

Enthusiast

Hi Joy, 

I am repeatedly being told by customer service representativies that my inner circle iPhone is not unlockable. Can you help me? I will be returning the device and cancelling service if it cannot be unlocked (I need this feature). I do not use Facebook or Twitter. Is there a phone number I can call? Or perhaps correspond over E-Mail.  

Agent

Hey, theslug!

Although the Inner Circle iPhones will be locked upon activation, you can choose to unlock your phone at any time [as long as the device has been activated for at least 14 days]. In order to unlock your device, just reach out to us via our contact page & we’ll take care of it for you! You can contact us here: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/contact.

EdwinRG

Enthusiast

I tried to get my phone unlocked today (it has been 15 days now). I was told that my inner circle iphone cannot be unlocked without canceling my service. Wasted an hour of my time on the phone. Just a heads up, either reps are poorly trained, or the unlock promise is a bait and switch. I am hoping a CS rep on the forum can help.

Thank you.
Agent

Hello @theslug. Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, and the device's MEID number.

Whiz Kid

Hi Lawrence,

I called the customer service and was also told that my inner circle service will be canceled if I have the phone unlocked. 

Agent

@jzhangvt Hey there. Your account will not be canceled if you unlock your device. All devices that are purchased for Inner Circle can be unlocked after the 14th day, whether international or domestic.