assist.
Please be advised that if you purchase your device for the Inner Circle 
plan, it will be locked for 12 months. If for some reason you don't see 
the beauty in this deal before 12 months is up we are operating on a no 
hassle, no questions asked policy. We WILL unlock it for you after 14 
days from activation. Just contact us through care and we will take care
of it for you.  There are no disadvantages to unlocking before the 12 
month promotion ends. However, if you do unlock and go to another 
carrier and come back, that will void the rest of the promo.

Thanks,  
Joan B. 
Virgin Mobile Customer eCare Team
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, I did not ask to cancel service or leave to different provider, but just to unlock my phone to be able to use another SIM cards temporarily while traveling. This is really getting frustrating, I spend more than half an hour on the phone, talking to three different people and I've got the same answer: I need to cancel my service in order to unlock the phone. So does anyone here can actually help?? Thank you!

Agent

Re: Inncer Circle Unlock Policy and Taxes

@SD Hey there. We would like to help you with this. Have you tried contacting the number 1.844.604.3422? If so, and still received no help, send us a private message with your phone number and pin.

SD
Enthusiast

Yes, I have contacted CS via phone, and online with the same results as you can see, or should I say NO results. 

Agent

@SD We apologize for the trouble this has may cause you. There were some confusion when it comes to unlocking the device for the Inner Circle. This has been corrected already on our data base already. All devices that are purchased for Inner Circle can be unlocked after the 14th day, whether international or domestic. Also, if you wish to unlock the device, you can keep the service active with us.

~ Joy P.

Whiz Kid

I just tried this phone number 1.844.604.3422. The customer service person said he will submit the unlock request for me. It's smooth and easy. I will see what happens in 24-48 hours.

I also tried to put inner circle sim card to my other unlocked phone and found out it didn't work. I mentioned to him and was told the sim card is only compatible with inner circle phone. It's good to know.

Whiz Kid

i have a problem with this virgin mobile cs reps i bought my iphone 2yrs ago i also have receipt bought it cash from virgin mobile now i called to have my iphone 6s unlocked and there giving me such a hard time after being a customer for over 7 yrs i deserve my phone unlocked since i payed full price for my device i had services since i bought my phone how can i get my iphone unlocked? wouldent reccomend to buy phones here i beleive we are being scam and virgin is not keeping there word as when you purchuse at full price.
Wizard

Here are the terms of Virgin Mobile's unlock policy (Inner Circle has its own policy).

https://www.virginmobileusa.com/legal#unlocking

If you are eligible for an unlock under these terms and it is not being provided, you can file a complaint with the FCC.

It is a simple process and can be done online.  Should the customer complaint be valid, this approach can produce a favorable outcome.  However, if the complaint is not valid, this will not resolve the matter.

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=39744

Whiz Kid

Inner circle customer here. Purchased an iphone 6 from Virgin Mobile  website back in June when Inner Circle program was launched. Now,  I would like to use it for the upcoming trip to Guatemala.

Called 844.604.3422 number and the Customer Service agent told me that the phone will be inlocked within 24-48 hours.

It's been a week and I'm inserting a sim card from a carrier in Guatemala, and it says, the sim is not supported. 

Called the number again and the agent told me that the phone is unlocked on their end.

Agent

Hello @another_uma. Are you located in Guatemala?

~ Joy P.

Whiz Kid

Hello.

I'm in the US. I take a few trips to Guatemala each year and was hoping I could use this phone while I'm there. Roaming is not an option as it's not affordable.

I'm leaving in a week.