Virgin Mobile

Invalid SIM error after replacing iPhone

Enthusiast

Invalid SIM error after replacing iPhone

I have no access to cell service after Apple Care swapped my iPhone 8. Same SIM card, new iPhone. I tried activating it on VirginMobileUSA but get an error that the ICCIP number is already in use.

I have no way to contact customer support by phone because 1) I have no cell service, 2) when I dial from another phone, it rings and rings (over 20 rings), and no one ever picks up and 3) the contact form on the website fails to submit.
3 REPLIES 3
Whiz Kid

Re: Invalid SIM error after replacing iPhone

@Shhbabe wrote:
I have no access to cell service after Apple Care swapped my iPhone 8. Same SIM card, new iPhone. I tried activating it on VirginMobileUSA but get an error that the ICCIP number is already in use.

I have no way to contact customer support by phone because 1) I have no cell service, 2) when I dial from another phone, it rings and rings (over 20 rings), and no one ever picks up and 3) the contact form on the website fails to submit.

Getting similar issues here too. Some help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Shane

Agent

Hello Shane. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page. 

Enthusiast

This was resolved - I contacted support via email and got a reply, and they activated my new phone. I had to send the new phone’s IMEI number, my phone number, and account pin. Total time without service was about 8 hrs, which sucked, but is better than the people who were without for more than a week.