Virgin Mobile

Just purchased a CERTIFIED Pre-Owned IPhone but Apple website says warranty is expired

Whiz Kid

Just purchased a CERTIFIED Pre-Owned IPhone but Apple website says warranty is expired

On 9/1/18, I purchased a CERTIFIED Pre-owned iphone 6s that said it has a one year apple warranty. However, when I enter the serial number into Apple's website to check on the warranty status, it says it's expired. That is impossible since I just purchased it on 9/1/18 and received and activated it on 9/7/18. Please let me know how we can go about correcting this since I paid an extra $100 for the certified pre owned. Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
Whiz Kid

Re: Just purchased a CERTIFIED Pre-Owned IPhone but Apple website says warranty is expired

As a follow up to my above post since I can not edit my original post: I took the shipping label off the box since it says "important informatin underneath". I had hoped it would be proof of purchase because VM never sent me an email or any receipt in the box ..nothing that shows proof of purchase. But the label underneath wasn't even for my product (it was for some random alcatel cinch phone?!) --it also had a ship date on it from 1 1/2 years ago! (4-3-2017) How that is going to help me if I have to return it or call upon the warranty? I was on the phone for over an hour this morning with different VM people, Apple as well as the one phone number on the VM box. The box itself says ONE YEAR APPLE LIMITED WARRANTY' all over it since it's certified pre loved but the number on the box took me to a company that said they only do 90 day warranties. Apple itself said the phone was 2 years old (I gave them the serial number) and not under warranty by them (but I just bought it days ago from VM) and VM gave me many different options including calling apple (already did! no go) and the 90 day warranty people (again no go). In the end, I am just trying to make sure I do have the one year warranty we paid an extra $100 for by going CERTIFIED pre loved and that I have proper proof of purchase of my item as well as the date of purchase. Nothing is matching up properly nor do I get any straight forward answers which is appearing very shady and questionable. We've been with VM for a very long time so I am hoping a rep can help and restore some of my faith. Thank you!

Agent

Re: Just purchased a CERTIFIED Pre-Owned IPhone but Apple website says warranty is expired

Hi, 3girls4us. Certified Pre-Loved phones come with a One-Year Apple Limited Warranty. You can find the details here https://community.virginmobileusa.com/t5/Learning-Library/What-is-a-Certified-Pre-Loved-phone/ta-p/1....

Enthusiast

WOW, what kind of a reply is that lmao 

Whiz Kid

My Certified pre loved phone I purchased on Sept 17, 2018 has same issue. Stopped working on Oct 6th and Apple says it does not have a warranty. I have spent over 10 hours on the phone with Vergin Moble, The 90 Day Warranty Co, and Apple

Apple is the only one that is trying to help but they cant due to Virgin Moble not supply the proof of puchase with the 1 year Apple warranty to me. Virgin Moble continues to lie to me each time I talk to them

Agent

We truly apologize for this inconvenience, @jpprecman. You can rest assured knowing that we will do everything in our power to resolve this. Please send us a DM so we can chat further.

Whiz Kid

Lied to again

was promised yesterday I would receive the proof of purchase and a call back from the manager and did not receive either

And for at least the 8th time on the phone with Virgin Moble going through the story again and not being forwarded to a manager

Enthusiast

I have noticed a lot of posts about this issue, and I am going through the same run around with Virgin Mobile tech support saying only Apple Care can deal with it, and the Apple Store saying there is no Apple Care for my phone's serial number.

We may have to consider a class action lawsuit, feel free to contact me to discuss legal options 

I understand your frustration, JerryScript. We’d be happy to help, JerryScript! For claims, pleasecall 1.844.834.5579 between the hours of 6:00 AM CT and 11:00 p.m. CT to submit a claim under this Limited Warranty. Upon acceptance of your claim, you will receive instructions on how to ship your Pre-Owned Phone for replacement exchange.