Virgin Mobile

Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter

I need some help from the Virgin social care team. Apple decided not to include the Lightning-to-3.5mm headphone adapter in the new iPhones. OK, that's their choice and is evident in Apple's own online store. But then I noticed that Virgin's listing for the phone listed that they were including an adapter in the box. Great! One less accessory I'd need to buy. 

However, it wasn't in the box when I received it. I emailed Virgin to ask them about it. They said their product page was wrong and that I should go buy one from Apple. I responded that was not an acceptable response to their mistake and suggested that they could make it right by providing an adapter or reimbursing me the $9.68 for me to buy one myself.

Their next response was that it was Apple's decision and that they would not provide an adapter or credit, "as it wasn't intended to be included in the original package." They then directed me to Apple's online site, implying that I should have known that the adapter wasn't supposed to be included. They went even further in their defense saying that "Information about Apple's decision to no longer include the Lightning to 3.5mm adapter with new iPhones is also readily available online through different news sites." I knew that Apple wasn't including it in their stores, but your purchase page stated that you were including one. Apple's decision not to include one in the sealed box does not preclude Virgin from including one if they choose. I thought that maybe Virgin had determined that large base of their customers were updating from phones that used the 3.5mm headphone jacks and would need the adapters. How was I supposed to know that Virgin hadn't made that choice?

I'm not asking for a profit-shattering handout here. It's peanuts at $9.68. It was your mistake, and you can easily make this right instead of picking a fight and placing the onus on the customer to sniff out the inaccuracies in your product pages. I've included a screenshot of the product page showing the included part. Thank you for any help you can provide.

screenshot 11-8-18.pngVirgin's site included the adapter in the list of included accessories.

2 REPLIES
Agent

Re: Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter

Hi there! Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you. 

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page. 

Whiz Kid

Re: Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter

So after PM'ing the Social Care team, they concluded that they can do NOTHING. And as of right now the product page is still wrong. Abyssmal customer service.