Virgin Mobile

Moved to New iPhone 11 but the SIM is locked?

Whiz Kid

Moved to New iPhone 11 but the SIM is locked?

Hey Vmob Team!

I recently moved to a new iPhone 11, now it says the SIM is locked and I have no service, can we get this issue sorted? 

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Whiz Kid

Re: Moved to New iPhone 11 but the SIM is locked?

I'm having this same problem, did you ever figure it out?

Whiz Kid

No ones replied to my message yet ! Smiley Sad

Whiz Kid

I've been on the phone several times today w/ VM for the same problem w a new iPhone 11. This is so very annoying. I think this company is going downhill fast. So I asked about the $159 that I still have on my account(as I'm going w/ another carrier) & they give me the run around about buying another phone w/ it?? Why would I want ANOTHER phone? I have a brand new phone. Then I was told I needed the receipt from Best Buy for the purchase of the top-up card??? I threw all of that away months ago. I'm so upset & angry w/ this company.

Agent

Hi, @hellog. We apologize for this experience. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a PM with your phone number, PIN, IMEI and SIM card number. 

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Agent

Hello, @808lizzd. We're sorry to know that you feel this way. Please note that if the services are terminated before the end of your monthly payment cycle or while there's still balance, we won’t prorate charges to the date of termination and you won’t be able to receive a credit or refund for any balance or unused services. Account balances are not transferable, redeemable for cash, or refundable.

You can find more info here: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/legal#terms-and-conditions. 

Agent

@libbybram: You can also send me a PM with your phone number, PIN, IMEI and SIM card number so we can take a closer look into this for you. 

Whiz Kid

Wow so to add insult to injury you won't refund any of the$159 I still have in my account? That makes you folks to look like crooks. I have been a VM subscriber for years but not so sure what has happened recently with customer service. Not interested in customer retention eh?? Sad.....

Agent

Hi there 808lizzd. Please send us a private message so we be able to look into this. Victor21

Whiz Kid

Also, I cannot use my phone so why wouldn't I turn off my service? Does Richard Branson really need my piddly $159????