Virgin Mobile

My phone says my sim card is invalid

Whiz Kid

My phone says my sim card is invalid

About a month ago I got a notification on my phone telling me that my sim card has been "locked" and that I have an invalid sim card. After talking to a rep I received a new sim card. The new sim card has been working fine, that is until yesterday. My phone worked fine until the afternoon where I got the same notifications as before. I am unable to call, text, or go on the internet unless I am connected to wifi.
3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: My phone says my sim card is invalid

Hello, @Madeleineseitz! Really sorry to hear about that. So we can further help you, please send us a private message with your number and PIN. Thanks.

Enthusiast

Mine was getting the same thing today and I just got my phone recently. It is a Moto g6 play . Recently today and I believe another time I kept getting invalid SIM card. I am wondering how I can get my SIM card replaced if needed.

Whiz Kid

Recently purchased the Moto G6 Play from Virgin and the sim card it came with was invalid. No LTE connection. Called tech support a few times and the ##72786#  phone dial pad reset function did not work. Virgin did not have the correct sim card in stock but included a $10 paypal credit. Stopped by the local Sprint store but they did not have the right sim card#CZ2104TLWQ for the MOTO G6 Play but there were some on Ebay. Called Virgin and registered the new sim card but it still did not work and it was reading invalid again with no LTE connection. Found info online about doing a factory reset in recovery mode. The MOTO G6 Play has the LTE connection now after registering the new sim card and performing a factory reset in recovery mode.