Virgin Mobile

Need help - SIM card failure on new iPhone SE

Whiz Kid

Need help - SIM card failure on new iPhone SE

I'm reaching out here to see where I should be starting with regards to support. I tried contacting Virgin Mobile on Facebook, and they told me to come here. I had my iPhone battery replaced, but they told me something went wrong with the replacement and they had to give me a new phone. They switched the SIM card from my old phone to the new one, and I have since restored the backup. However, the phone is now telling me that the SIM is invalid, that the SIM is locked and I should power cycle the phone, etc.

The phone, when restarted, will usually show Virgin or Sprint at 1x for a short while, then start giving SIM error messages, and then the signal status just says "invalid SIM". I have tried re-seating the SIM card; this did not help. I cannot make or receive calls, send or receive text messages, and cannot access data.

So I need help. Preferably from Virgin, since this is where they told me to go, but I'm all ears regardless.

1 REPLY
Agent

Re: Need help - SIM card failure on new iPhone SE

Hi there, rowanderrick. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the inconvenience with the phone. 

We'd like to have a look at the account. Please, send us a private message with your phone number and PIN. Also, include the IMEI for your phone.