Virgin Mobile

Need help to activate new Iphone to an existing account

Whiz Kid

Need help to activate new Iphone to an existing account

Hello! I have a virgin mobile account and I recently bought a new unlocked Iphone 11 Pro Max from Apple. Can I transfer the Sim Card from my old phone to the new phone? Can you tell me the steps so I can activate the new phone?

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: Need help to activate new Iphone to an existing account

Hello, goldenroser! We're sorry, unfortunately Virgin Mobile doesn't support the unlocked iPhone 11 Pro Max from Apple at this time. Keep in mind that if you are an existing customer, you can't activate an unlocked device. 

If you have any other question or concern, feel free to reply.

Enthusiast

Hi John. Would you care to explain why new customers can bring unlocked devices, but loyal, paying customers can't?

Hey @rshakes! We understand your frustration. Please know that we are always working to provide the best for both new and existing customers. We are working to ensure that you have the best service options and access to the newest devices and the best offers. We don’t have any news to share about that just yet. Stay in touch with us here: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans/bring-your-device.html

Enthusiast

Hi there, you didn't answer my question! Thank you for your concern but I truly was asking why this is policy. Please explain as you have many frustrated loyal customers. Thank you!

Agent

We really understand how you feel about this, please be advised that we currently do not have this option for Existing customers to bring unlocked devices to Virgin Mobile.

As we stated previously, we are always working to provide the best for both New and Existing customers. We are working to ensure that you have the best service options and access to the newest devices and the best offers.

Also, if there is any changes on this policy, you can always review this section of the website to get an  update: BYOD or you can contact us here through the Social Media.

If you have any other questions, we remain at your disposal.

Thank you.

Enthusiast

Hi Jeff, you neglected to answer my question again. I understand you're very sorry.

Maybe I can be clearer? My question is:

Why is it policy that new customers can bring phones to Virgin Mobile, but not loyal existing customers?

Agent

Hey there @rshakes We apologize for the inconvenience. Since, SIM cards are new and different from previous devices they can only be added at the time of new activation. Existing accounts are not able to get the new SIM cards.

~JoyP.