Virgin Mobile

New Iphone XR wont active with an existing VM acount.

Whiz Kid

New Iphone XR wont active with an existing VM acount.

My new Iphone XR wont active on my existing VM account. Gets hung up after I enter account PIN code. This is my third phone using my account and never an issue. Also tried to activate from a mobile device and no luck.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: New Iphone XR wont active with an existing VM acount.

I understand your concern, GregPSU. Let’s check this thing out. Where was this new device purchased?

Enthusiast

I have the same problem. Can someone help me?
Agent

Hello, @Chillierdonkey. Thanks for reaching out to us. Just to confirm, is that iPhone XR a Virgin Mobile phone or an unlocked device?

Enthusiast

Unlocked device
Enthusiast

What to do?
Highlighted
Agent

Thanks for the information, @Chillierdonkey. Unfortunately, unlocked phones can't be activated with existing accounts. At the moment, the Bring Your Own Device program (BYOD) is only available for new accounts. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any other question, just let us know. 

Agent

@Chillierdonkey. If you have any other question or need further assistance, just let us know. We remain at your service.  

Whiz Kid

I've been piecing together Virgin Mobile's policies on which phones they accept, with different parts of their policy described in different pages on their website, and I think my summary below may come close to more fully describing their current policy--maybe a Virgin tech support rep can confirm or add to this:

"New customers can start your plan using your own unlocked iPhone 5s or later (Android phones are no longer accepted for Virgin's Bring Your Own Device program), or an iPhone 5s or later already locked to Sprint or Virgin, or you can purchase a phone (iPhone or Android) from Virgin. Existing Virgin customers wishing to replace their phone (iPhone or Android) can either buy a phone from Virgin (iPhone or Android), or bring their own iPhone 5s or later as long as it's already locked to Sprint, Virgin, or another carrier associated with Sprint. Existing Virgin customers who want to change iPhones cannot use an unlocked iPhone, as these phones are not locked to Sprint or Virgin."