Virgin Mobile

New phone was 'activated', now neither phone can make or receive calls.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

New phone was 'activated', now neither phone can make or receive calls.

Purchased a Moto G6 to upgrade my father's LG Tribute. Followed online steps to enter IMEI and confirm with account pin which stated the activation was successful. Restarted both phones, now neither work at all. He cannot call or text and can't even call a support number on either phone. When calling from my phone, I was literally disconnected when trying to reach a real person to sort this out because the automated support system said it couldnt recognize the new IMEI. Need help urgently, please

6 REPLIES 6
Enthusiast

Re: New phone was 'activated', now neither phone can make or receive calls.

edit:finally found the other forum categories, but don't know how to move it into the appropriate one. Still no service on either phone and nobody picks up when calling...

Agent

Hello joshlewis. We've replied to your private message. Please check your inbox.

Enthusiast

Hello, I've received the new sim (model SIMGLW406TQ), although it appears I am still having the same problem. Went through activation steps, it shows bars on the new phone, but when attempting to call it is routed to an automated message. 

Agent

Sorry to hear that, @joshlewis. Did you contact us to place the new SIM card on your account?

Enthusiast

Yes, I did. And the customer service rep on the phone said he would call back within 48 hours to try another way of getting it activated but never did call back. 

Currently having my father continue using his old phone, because the new phone isn't recognized when using either the MEID or IMEI to attempt activation using the online activation URL. 

However, the current SIM status info is as follows on the new phone with the new SIM:

Network: Virgin Mobile

Network Type: CDMA- eHRPD

Service State: Voice: In Service/ Data: In Service

Phone number: 000-000-8676 (not sure what this is about)

Don’t you fret, joshlewis! We’ll get you all sorted out. Can you please send me a private message with a screenshot of the about phone section of the new device, your phone number and PIN number together with the SIM card number? 

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".