Virgin Mobile

No Service Iphone 7

No Service Iphone 7

I got a notification saying cellular update failed, I went to the apple store and they told me to contact my carrier. At first I was told to take the sim card out and it worked for like 1 week and then the problem started again. I called again and they sent me a new sim card and then it took only worked for 1 hour. Please help me, I need this phone
7 REPLIES 7
Whiz Kid

Re: No Service Iphone 7

I'm experiencing the same thing with an Iphone7. I can't call or text virgin mobile to have it figured out. It's so frustrating

Agent

Hello nkuli, lets get you sorted out. Can you give us more detail as to what is going with your phone. 

Whiz Kid

My service has been going in and out for the last couple of days. I would turn off and on and sometimes I would have service again. As of Yesterday afternoon I haven’t had any service at all. I’ve tried to reboot my phone and nothing has changed. I still don’t have service and can’t access anything on my phone unless I’m in a place with WiFi. Why am I paying for This if I can’t even access my data to work— and just live. I can’t make any calls and I can only text/ FaceTime other iPhone users when I’m in a spot with WiFi. My phone is literally useless at this point.
Whiz Kid

My service has been going in and out for the last couple of days. I would turn off and on and sometimes I would have service again. As of Yesterday afternoon I haven’t had any service at all. I’ve tried to reboot my phone and nothing has changed. I still don’t have service and can’t access anything on my phone unless I’m in a place with WiFi. I can’t make any calls and I can only text/ FaceTime other iPhone users when I’m in a spot with WiFi. My phone is literally useless at this point.
Agent

Thanks for the information. We'd be happy to help you. Please send a Private Message with your phone number, PIN and address to check what's going on. 

Whiz Kid

I am having the same problem.  It said carrier update available and now I have no service. 

I followed the Apple instructions to update with my computer.  Still no service. 

What is the next step?

Agent

Hello, bbars. Apple reported that a small percentage of iPhone 7 devices experienced a component fail on the main logic board, causing the device to show “No Service” even if cellular coverage was available.  For more information, refer to https://www.apple.com/support/iphone-7-no-service/