Virgin Mobile

No data on inner circle

SOLVED
Agent

Re: No data on inner circle

Hey there, @KienLe! We definitely want to get this figured out for you. Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, and your current address to further assist you.

Wizard

Have you tried a carrier reset?

##CLEAR# on your keypad is the code.  This often solves that problem and has been reported as solving it for an iPhone on Inner Circle.

Whiz Kid

Just signed up for inner circle promo this evening. Phone service works but not the data. We've tried calling and waited 15 minutes and the call dropped (on old network). We're calling again now. What gives? Not a good start.
Wizard

Go to Settings and make sure LTE is toggled on.

Then go to keypad and enter ##CLEAR#

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

I have a solution!

I had exactly the same problem for two weeks! Total run around from a bunch of very nice customer service people in the Philippines. I was told there was work on the tower in my neighborhood, wait 48 hours. We reset network settings several times, restored the phone from a back up. Tried a whole bunch of stuff. Call and regular texts always worked. Finally they sent me to the apple store. I made an appointment and went in to the Genius Bar. Before even helping me someone came to do triage and ask some questions about my problem. I said I was changing to Virgin Mobile, the cell and text work but I got error message.

”Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular data service. Ok”

I tried to browse in safari, got the message and showed it to him. He asked me who my previous carrier was. Net10 (also called TracPhone) they are like virgin mobile, a small cheaper company that uses verizon’s Network. He had me check profiles. What? Profiles are in Settings > General down at the bottom below VPN there’s a space called Profile. If you click on it you get a settings profile. I have one there for my dslr that it uses to connect to the phone. At the time of the problem I had one called Tracphone settings. He told me to delete it. You click on the setting and it opens up another window with a red “Delete Profile” at the bottom.

I deleted the profile, check Safari and BINGO! I could connect to the data network! I found this page last week and was frustrated nobody had found an answer. So here’s the answer! Good luck

Wizard

@HellowPeeps

You are absolutely correct.

That is a known issue with phones that have been activated previously on other carriers.

Sometimes the former carrier APN settings are not replaced when the service update completes and need to be deleted manually.

Whiz Kid

I replaced my phone due to damage and was automatically enrolled in InnerCircle - suddenly, after 3+ years of being satisfied with my Unlimited Plan ($55) I had issues with roaming and data.  Called to switch back to my previous plan but have spent the past weekend on the phone with customer service multiple times and then with the billing department b/c Virgin charged me twice for both the monthly service fees and the monthly insurance fee. Beyond frustrating. It's almost worse because they've trained the customer service representatives to be hideously obsequious (I'm SO sorry you're frustrated. I can CERTAINLY understand.... meanwhile, they talk over you and don't resolve the issue in a timely and pleasant manner). *UGH* whereas I was a fan and recommended the service as an alternative to other big mobile companies, no more. Don't move to InnerCircle if you can help it!

Agent

We are so sorry for this experience, kiwikelz. Please give us the opportunity to change it for you! If you, as a current VMU customer, purchased a new iPhone, it is automatically activated on the new Inner Circle Promotional Plan. If you want to be on your old Data Love plan instead, you can call care and switch back to your former plan within the first 30 days only. After that, the Inner Circle Member benefits begin and you will no longer be eligible to switch back to your Data Love plan. If you switch back to your Data Love plan, you will no longer be eligible for the Inner Circle promotion of 12 or 6 months of service for $1. If it has been less than 30 days, we can still help! Please, send us your number and PIN in a Private Message, so we can further help. Thanks!

Enthusiast

I switched to the Inner Circle plan and everything was going fine.  I lost my data about a week or two ago.  I was hoping that the problem might be internal and it would come back.  It hasn't.   I did recently upgrate to IOS 11.  I have an Iphone 7 purchased directly from Virgin Mobile.   Is there anything that can be done to bring back my data?

Enthusiast

I have read through the solutions and nothing seems to work.  I switched to the Inner Circle Plan and everything was great until a week or two ago when I lost my data.  I have an Iphone 7 that I purchased from Virgin Mobile and I recently upgraded to IOS 11.  I was hoping the problem was on Virgin Mobile's end and would be resolved by I still don't have data service.  Any suggestions?