Virgin Mobile

No local service for over a day

No local service for over a day

I've been a Virgin Mobile customer for almost ten years now & everything's been fine until yesterday. I noticed that it started saying "No Service" in the upper part of the screen on my iPhone 5S, so I tried everything to fix it. I re-inserted the SIM card, I reset the network settings and I even inputted those ##Update# & ##Clear# codes.

None of that seemed to work and I was still without service when I got up today, until I made a trip to the next town over. After that, everything was mostly back to normal and I was able to send texts and calls again, but unfortunately, when I returned home, it reverted back to the "No Service" screen.

What is going on with this? It seems as if I have service everywhere but the area around my home now and that's never been the case before. Please do whatever you can to fix this as soon as you can. Thank you for your time. 

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: No local service for over a day

Hello, CygnusDestroyer. We apologize for this experience. We'll be happy to help you. Would you mind sending us a private message with your phone number, pin code and address to review this?

Okay. I'll do that now. Thanks for the reply!

Agent

Sounds good! We'll be looking forward to your reply. 

Heavy Hitter

Virgins coverage has been getting considerably worse for the last few months and customer service has become non-existent. Best bet would be to switch carriers now! I kept with them because I liked them so much at first, but that was a mistake. Coverage just kept getting worse. I would have been better of writing lettters and mailing them USPS. Once coverage started getting real bad realized half my texts were not going through and that I was only getting a quarter of the ones sent to me.

@Thisismyusernam Yeah, I'm still without service, so I'm really thinking about dropping them. They told me there's an outage in my area, which is fine, but it's almost been a week & there's still no fix for it. It's very frustrating, & even though I've had no issues with them up to now, I'm starting to feel like I have no choice but to switch to another carrier.