Virgin Mobile

Phone activation

Highlighted
r_p
Enthusiast

Phone activation

It has been few hours and my phone is still in pre activation state. How long does it take to get a phone activated?

Thanks!

27 REPLIES 27
Agent

Re: Phone activation

Hello! We are sorry to know that you are having this issue. We’ll be happy to help you. Are you trying to activate an iPhone with the Inner circle plan?

Whiz Kid

I am having the same exact issue. It has been 13 hours so far and I am still waiting for my phone to activate.

Agent

Hello! Are you trying to activate an iPhone with the Inner circle plan?

r_p
Enthusiast

Yes, it is the inner circle plan and it's still in pre active state.

Agent

Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin code to check the status.

Whiz Kid

So, I just bought a new iPhone as part of the Inner Circle promo to replce my failing Motoola phone. I received the device last night and attempted to activate it. At the end of the process, the screen informs me that there is a problem with the system and I should call customer service. So, I try to call customer service on the Motorola, except now an automated response tells me my account can not be verified. So, presently, I am stuck with two phones that will not function without calling customer service. But I cannot use either one to call customer service, who I need to talk to so I can get my phones, or just the new one, to work? What am I suppose to do now? Any ideas? The more and more I try to find answers or contact VM, the more infuriated I get and regret my decision making the purchase. 

Whiz Kid

How long does the phone activation usually take?

Agent

Hello @debramanis6. If you are porting a number from another carrier, it should take up to 2.5 hours to complete.

Whiz Kid

I am having the same problem. Virgin sent me an iPhoneSE and I did the web procedure to activate. That claimed it would take 15 min to complete -- it has been nearly 4 hours and I am still in a pre-active state that does not allow me to even log in. How long does this *really* take?