Virgin Mobile

Pre-Loved and Certified Pre-Loved - What's The Difference?

Virgin Mobile Alumni
Virgin Mobile Alumni

Pre-Loved and Certified Pre-Loved - What's The Difference?

We offer a wide range of iPhone devices to fit your needs - Pre-Loved, Certified Pre-Loved and New.  But what's the difference?

PRE-LOVED

A Pre-Loved phone is a gently used, non-certified device that has undergone functional testing and inspection to ensure it is in good working order. A Pre-Loved phone has been cleaned but may have visible usage wear and tear.  Your Pre-Loved iPhone comes with a 90-Day Limited Replacement Warranty and a charger. A Pre-Loved phone is not eligible for Virgin Mobile Phone Insurance.

CERTIFIED PRE-LOVED

A Certified Pre-Loved phone is tested, inspected and, if necessary, remanufactured according to the original manufacturer specifications. It is restored to factory default settings and loaded with the latest system software. Your Certified Pre-Loved iPhone will come with a One-Year Apple Limited Warranty, a brand-new extended-life battery, Apple EarPods and a charger. A Certified Pre-Loved phone is not eligible for Virgin Mobile Phone Insurance.

NEW
A new phone is straight from the manufacturer. Your new iPhone comes with a One-Year Apple Limited Warranty, a brand-new extended-life battery, Apple EarPods and a charger. A new phone is eligible for Virgin Mobile Phone Insurance.

If you have any questions, let us know in the replies.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accepted Solution” to help other Community members find it.
40 REPLIES
Whiz Kid

Re: Pre-Loved and Certified Pre-Loved - What's The Difference?

Are the certified pre loved phones reliable? Has anyone not liked them? And do you have to do the inner circle plans or can you keep your existing virgin mobile plan?
Agent

Hey there, Sheridyn! A Pre-Loved phone is a gently used, non-certified device that has undergone functional testing and inspection to ensure it is in good working order. A Pre-Loved phone has been cleaned but may have visible usage wear and tear.  Your Pre-Loved iPhone comes with a 90-Day Limited Replacement Warranty and a charger. A Pre-Loved phone is not eligible for Virgin Mobile Phone Insurance.

As an existing Virgin Mobile customer, if you decide that the Inner Circle just isn’t for you, you can definitely go back to your previous plan. Just contact us within 30 days of joining & we’ll switch you back! 

Whiz Kid

I received a pre loved phone and it works fine. However there is a small white dot on the top of the display screen. After checking online this could be caused by an overheated battery causing it to swell and push the screen. I don’t know if this is the case for sure but am wondering if I should just get it replaced for another, or if that’s even possible?
Agent

@Jon01k01

If you think/notice your device is displaying signs of technical issues, you may contact the warranty by calling 844-534-3098 (pre-loved 90 days warranty).

- E.J.

Master

Horrible customer service, ordered an iPhone for my wife for Christmas pre-loved, came with a broken camera lens, they said they would send me a new device within 10 days, after 12 days I called and now they are insisting I go through the insurance which I don’t have on my pre-lab phone that I’ve never used. Getting the runaround back-and-forth sent me to the insurance company three times, this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced
Master

My pre-loved phone had a broken camera lens and they refused to do anything about it the day after I received it. Be aware impossible to deal with
Master

My pre-loved phone came with a broken camera lands, they are refusing to replace it, I called them the day after I received it. Very frustrating horrible customer service. Until they contact me I’m going to post this on every thread I can find because I am so pissed off.
Master

Good luck getting your replacement, mine had a broken camera lens on arrival and they are giving me the run around and will not replace it. Horrible customer service,
Agent

@Rfletcher We truly apologize for this inconvenient. Can you please send us a private message with the phone number and PIN on the account to verify this information? - E.J.