Virgin Mobile

Pre-Loved and Certified Pre-Loved - What's The Difference?

Enthusiast

Re: Pre-Loved and Certified Pre-Loved - What's The Difference?

How can I find out if my phone is certified?

wrote:

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us. We'd love to help! A Pre-Loved device is tested for functionality and cleaned but may have visible usage wear and tear. It Includes a limited 90- Day Limited Replacement Warranty. Not eligible for Virgin Mobile Phone Insurance.

A Certified Pre-Loved device is tested, inspected, and remanufactured, if necessary, according to original manufacturer specifications. Includes a 1-Year Apple Limited Warranty. Not eligible for Virgin Mobile Phone Insurance.

Agent

@cnyus We can check your account to confirm the type of your device. If you'd like us to do so, feel free to send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Whiz Kid

I was going to get a Pre-Loved iPhone 7 Plus but now I'm a little worried after reading all the comments.

Enthusiast

does the certified preloved iphones only come with the 1 year apple warranty? what if you get it and it doesn’t work or there’s something wrong with it? im a little worried on getting one now because reading all of these comments
Agent

@teddybearmorris
The Apple Limited Warranty covers your iPhone and Apple-branded accessories against manufacturing defects for one year from the date you bought your product.

- E.J.

Master

That’s crazy that the pre loved phones are gently used.. I just received my iPhone 7 Plus I had bought for my wife and it’s just ridiculously scratched, has a dent in the back, and has gouges all in the screen that resemble cracks they’re so deep. It’s crazy that this phone was even allowed to be sold to someone for hundreds of dollars. Before I bought my brand new iPhone X i bought myself a pre loved 7 plus awhile ago and it came almost brand new. That’s the entire reason I figured I’d buy my wife one. I really wish it was stated that there is a chance you might get one that looks like you guys picked it out of a dumpster, stuck it in a box, and call it pre loved to get away with how bad it is because I wouldn’t have bought it. I would’ve had a better chance buying one from someone. At least then I could see what I was buying. Gently used is a term that should not be used for this phone. Extreme hardcore use is better. I mean this is just ridiculous. The first time I bought the pre loved 7 plus I was recommending virgin mobile to everyone, after buying this one I’m actually telling people to stay away unless they have their own phone. Sorry virgin but you guys have really pissed me off this time. This is crazy.
Agent

Hey there, @BMH! That does not sound OK. If the device comes with a manufacturing defection, it includes a limited 90- Day Limited Replacement Warranty. Also, Be aware the Pre-Loved devices may come as:

•Gently used device
•Not Certified
•May have visible usage wear and tear
•Charger is included
•Not eligible for Virgin Mobile Phone Insurance

Whiz Kid

That’s funny because I had an iPhone 6 that had recently broke and I was paying an extra $7 a month for phone insurance. They told me that on top of that bill I needed to pay $156 or so to fix my device. Realizing this is a bad phone company slowly

Agent

We are sorry to read that you feel that way, @Pizzadude442. Your new phone is eligible for Phone Insurance provided by Brightstar Device Protection, an optional program, which protects your phone in the event loss, theft, accidental damage (including liquid damage) or out-of-warranty mechanical or electrical breakdown for $7/month. There is a deductible charge of $20, $50, $100 or $175 depending on phone model, per claim. You can get more information about the insurance here at www.myphoneguardian.com.

Whiz Kid

DO NOT BUY A PRE-LOVED PHONE. They are horrible and the battery completely damaged. When I contacted customer service to return the phone they let me know that the 14 days of warranty had passed even tho I had received the phone 11 days ago. The supervisor was rude, unhelpful and inconsiderate. I tried to contact warrenty and the guy literally pretended like he couldn't hear me TWICE and hung up. The phone has scratches, a battery that drains in an hour and even issues with the keyboard. I have been a customer of theirs for two years and I am appalled at the level of disrespect I received. They wont even honor the 90 day warranty, they just hang up and tell you to rate your experience?? MY EXPERIENCE WAS HORRIBLE.