Virgin Mobile

Pre-Loved and Certified Pre-Loved - What's The Difference?

Agent

Re: Pre-Loved and Certified Pre-Loved - What's The Difference?

We're sorry to hear that, @msamimi Just to confirm, when did you purchase that device?

Agent

Hello, eyepumpiron! Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, we have the pre-loved iPhone 7 Plus available online. 

Feel free to visit our website https://www.virginmobileusa.com/#!/ for more details or let us know if you have any question.

Enthusiast

So I got a certified pre loved iPhone 7 for my bday, but I noticed the sound is muffled and just doesn’t sound right, the keyboard at times glitches as well. It’s probably been a month since the purchase, however certified pre loved is supposed the have 1 year Apple warranty does that mean this is something the can fix and i can contact Apple or do I need to contact virgin mobile as well? Thanks

Hey there, edithc32! The following 90 Day Limited Replacement Warranty against mechanical or electrical failure applies to eligible Pre-Owned Phones purchased from authorized retailers of the Wireless Provider within the 50 U.S. States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands ("Limited Warranty"). Call 1.844.834.5579 between the hours of 6:00a.m CT and 11:00p.m. CT to submit a claim under this Limited Warranty. Upon acceptance of your claim, you will receive instructions on how to ship your Pre-Owned Phone for replacement exchange. 

Enthusiast

I went to the Apple store and was surprised when they told me under Apple I wasn’t covered under any warranty. When I bought the phone through virgin Mobile it’s advertised as certified pre owned that included 1 year Apple warrenty. Apple says that’s not the case and that it was out of warranty that no matter what its only covered by the warrenty a year from the actual purchase date. I’m very disappointed because I could have paid 100-150 dollars less if i knew neither type of pre owned phone was covered by the Apple warranty, and especially since on the website when you buy the certified pre own it states it comes with the 1 year Apple warrenty when it does not. Thanks for the help I will definitely call.
Enthusiast

So a pre loved phone wasn't set to factory specs or updated?

Agent

Hi Kim2! Thanks for reaching out to us. They are reset to factory default settings, and updated to the latest IOS (iPhone Operating System). If this is not the case with yours, just let us know right away. ~AmyM25

Enthusiast

So a Virgin Mobile agent on here referred me to call the 90day limited replacement warrenty phone number ( the sound on my certified pre owned phone phone is muffled), I’ve been calling everyday the past two weeks and I have gotten no answers, I’ve talked to at least 15 different people. Some telling me I should be covered through Apple because virgin mobile advertises 1 year of Apple care for certified pre owned phone—- which apparently is not true. Others I’ve spoke to have told me that the 90 day limited warrenty only covers if you have insurance, and the person I just spoke to told me they only cover pre owed not certified pre owned phones. I am very frustrated because I am under the 90days with the phone and it’s not fair that i paid extra for the certified pre owned because it advertises 1 year of Apple care and it’s not true. Now I have a phone that has muffled sound and I paid almost $500 for it. I would really appreciate some help or to at least know who I need to call and complain to because it’s truely frustrating every time I call I get transferred to the same departments going back and forth, each passing me on to the next person and me hoping someone will actually help. 5th person I’ve spoken to today just told me to go back to the Apple store.... almost positive they will tell me the same thing they told me already.
Agent

Hi there edithc32. We do apologize for all the misunderstanding. Please allow us to look further into this. We need to confirm what phone is on your account. Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin code,and we will look into this and provide you with your best option. Victor21

Whiz Kid

Don’t waste your time or money on the certified phone. Apple will not cover it, and VM warranty company is Brightstar, but they only cover the pre-loved not certified. I have been going back and forth for 12 days now